Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit and Strava integration

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just got my Flex 2 yesterday. I went on a bike ride this morning which I log on my Garmin GPS which also syncs to Strava. When i got home it logged as though my ride was all steps. I thought when the ride from Strava sync'd to fitbit it would remove the steps, it didn't. Is there a way to do this without a lot of leg work. i will ride several mornings a week and don't want to spend a lot of time fooling around with changing things in a log. I guess I would leave the fitbit at home or is there a way to make it inactive?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Thanks for stopping by @Helton, hope you're doing great! Keep in mind that the following types of activities won't sync to Strava:

• Non-GPS activities 
  • Previously completed activities
  • Duplicate activities—that is, if you already recorded an activity with Strava, a Fitbit activity that occurs at the same time won't sync.
  • Activities from Strava are synced over to Fitbit as manually logged activities but will not include GPS or heart rate data from Strava
  • NOTE: Manually logged activities in Strava will NOT sync over, it needs to be a recorded activity (i.e. pressing the record button in the app)
  • Only GPS recorded activities from Fitbit will sync to Strava

Hope this helps my friend! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Strava recorded kayaking activity does not sync to the Fitbit.   Instead, The Fitbit records kayaking as swimming. When I manually change it to kayaking in the Fitbit, Fitbit Loses effort statistics. Then, I unfortunately lose everything. What is wrong with the Fitbit? 

Best Answer
0 Votes