Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit flex 2 blue blinking light and wont update

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently got a new Fitbit flex from a local retailer. My country is not officially supported. When i first set it up everything went smoothly however in setting up it told me that my tracker required an update. After clicking update now, it completed the bar in 4 seconds and gave an error that can't communicate with the device after several attempts I clicked try later so that i can start using my device without the update. It remained on blue blinking state this whole time even after confirming that the device has been set up. Keep in mind even in this state device is syncing flawlessly and is updating steps in real time. However, notifications and alarms are not working and when I tap on the device it doesn't show me my status like it's supposed to just that blue light. I tried updating about hundred times. Every time it asks me to agree and then after searching that the device is in fact connected it stops the update and puts me back to step one that is update now. The blue light constantly blinking drains the battery super-fast too so I can't just ignore it as steps are syncing, I can live without notifications and alarms on the device if the light just stops.

I have searched all the forums and tried all the troubleshooting steps there are:

1. Restarted device several times and tried again.
  2. Removed the device from account and tried setting again.
  3. Set up the device as a replacement and tried.
  4. reset network settings of my mobile phone.
  5. Created a new account and tried setting up as a brand-new user.

I even contacted support they have not been able to help my situation. What am I missing, is the device defective? What are my options now.

Any help in this matter is appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

One thing that was not mentioned in the original post is that the software version currently is 24.10.4

Best Answer

There is a rest button on the back side of the charger cradle. It might help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @haider552 and welcome to the Community.  The Flex 2 is an older device, first released in 2016, and has been discontinued for several years.  I think Fitbit removed the updates from the Flex 2.  The Charge 2, Blaze, and Alta HR were all released about the same time.  Others are writing that they can't update those models, either.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That was the first thing i tried unfortunately the device refuses to come out of blue blinking state.
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
If this was planned obsolescence, why are support staff asking me to send the unit to get a replacement of the same exact model. I dont live in the US otherwise i would've accepted that already.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Ive got the same issue.  My flex2 died a couple of weeks ago...working just fine one day, then the next day wont hold a charge...so I purchased a "new old stock" flex 2 from ebay.  I received last night running into the same issue...I need to update the firmware, currently at 24.10.4, but it wont update.  I've tried everything.  I spent time on chat with fitbit help this morning, and they exhausted all of their options, so they turned me over to warranty group, which of course denied any claims since I didnt purchase the product from an "authorized" seller.  I don't even want a warranty claim, I just want to get this brand new fitbit flex2 to work.  None of Fitbit's offerings are small enough to meet my needs.  If I cant get this one working, I guess I'm just going to quit using a fitbit.

Fitbit team, dont you have any way to push a firmware update to flex 2?  This is crazy.  Its a brand new (albeit discontinued) device

Best Answer

update, I could not get firmware to update from any device -- iphone, ipad, ipod mini (dont have an android device).  I returned the "new" old stock fitbit to the seller and dropping a fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes