Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit having issues after One Year

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have no idea who reads this and can only hope that the Fitbit people do.

I received my Fitbit as a gift one year ago in March. I never got it wet and used it every day for working out. Honestly, I got it as part of my continued need to monitor my food and workout, due to a recovery from depression.

The Fitbit for me was like a coach, a trainer, a therapist, and a support service for me all in one. I had many competitions weekly with friends on it and it encouraged me to live healthier, which, in turn, brought me out of my depression as part of my support. Even my therapist agreed that it was a great device.

But...it was not cheap and I am loathe to buy another if they only last about a year for the price. I know you offer a one year warrenty, but I think that is too short for the failure that the device gave me after only one year of use.

I am saddened by this issue and need to consider getting a device. I loved my Fitbit and it really did help me. But now I may look at all the other devices and see if they have a better lifespan. I hope you will consider looking into what goes wrong with them after such a short amount of time. I can tell you that I took very good care of mine (no water use, no overcharging, no smashing into something.

V/r,

Alan E.

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

Best Answer
77 REPLIES 77
Nope... not ever wasting money on another. Designed obselence.. .Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer

obsolescence?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My kids bought me the Fit Bit AltaHR for my birthday a little over a year ago. 

The one they bought me randomly stopped working, I used it for working out only - never wet it. I was able to replace it with the one I have now.  Warranty just finished, and now I am lucky if the new one holds a charge for a full day.  When I first got it I charged it only once a week.   

For the price associated with this purchase, I don't think I will be buying a Fitbit again.  I am currently reading reviews on the apple, and Samsung products to see if they have a longer life span and warranty plan.

KC

Best Answer
I bought yoho for £6 off ebay I can't fault it. Been using it for 7 months
without a problem
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes same here.  My husband, sister in law and brother all got watches about 1.5 ago.  My brother's didn't work properly right off that bat and they gave his a replacement, sister in laws watch wasn't counting anything properly, but she didn't want the hassle of dealing with customer service so it was just a waste of money, mine went crazy switching between all the screens on it's own before just dying a week ago.  My husband thought he just had good luck, but it started freaking out on him today, so it should be dead within a week and of course we've replaced the bands a few times in the year and a half.  They only offer a 25% off coupon. Really loved it, I need to monitor my pulse so it was useful.  Don't feel like dropping $100-$200 every year.  Anyone out there find a smart watch that lasts several years? 

Best Answer

I totally agree the very 1st watch I got was the flex the cheapest one you can buy lost 40 pounds it kept track of everything perfectly then I upgraded to a couple of other bracelets and they know work worth crack after about a year so. Therefore I am totally on your side and agree with you they need to be better with their products and not be in such a hurry to put him out that they are not good quality.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does the same, unfortunately I have bought more of them, thinking a new charge would be better , but nope, they each have died exactly 13 months after purchase.   I’m forced to go to Apple now.   Man I’m so hurt

Best Answer
0 Votes

We don’t need a 25% discount on another one.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. Which Ombudsman did you write to? I’ve been asking for this information now for weeks and they just don’t provide it!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have - no hey say they can’t help - just poor quality watch is all i get back from support

Best Answer
I don't buy them any longer. Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer

I bought my FitBit Charge 3 at the end of Dec 2018.  The display has been getting lighter nd light and is now (July 2020) is completely gone.  Watch keeps on vibrating but I cannot see anything.  The display was always light, I could never see it if outside.  I agree that I am also looking for another watch other than a FitBit.   Too much money to only get 1.5 years out of it and to not be able to see the time when you're outside.

Best Answer

I COMPLETELY AGREE !!!!

my Charge 3 died after 13 months WTF

My Charge HR died after 13 months and my daughters died after 13 months 

We’re DONE with FitBit

Best Answer

EXACTLY... Apple is the way to go

Bye Bye FitBit 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly ... offer a discount on a “new” device that will not survive a year???

NO THANKS

Best Answer

The same EXACT thing happened to us 

3 devices over the last 3 yeats

we are DONE WITH FITBIT

Best Answer
Yeah Fitbit sucks. I bought a Samsung Galaxy watch and as much as I beat the crap out of it, it works great with no issues. Going on almost 2 years. Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes

The exact same thing happened to me. I got a charge 2 through my work in January 2017 and by June 2018 (5 months after the 1 year warranty expired) the battery started dying gradually until it would die in a couple of minutes. Changed the charger since I thought it may have been the problem...and it didn't help. Got a new fitbit (Charge 3) in March 2019 and by late May/early June 2020, a little after the 1 year warranty expired ...the exact same thing happened. Battery gradually started dying until it would fully drain within minutes and no amount of charging helped. If it happened once, I might have thought it was a one off defect, but twice in a row (and given all the comments in this forum), it appears to be an issue with the product. Needless to say, this year I'm staying away from the Charge 4...

Best Answer
0 Votes