Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not responding

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A few nights ago my Fitbit flex 2 wasn’t vibrating for alerts and wasn’t responding to taps. I assumed it was dead and went to charge it, it responded to the charger. After an hour I went to use it and it still wasn’t working. I tried plugging it back into the charger to reset it but it lights up and then disappears. I’ve checked the connections/charger, as well as switching USB ports and outlets. Nothing is working. My flex 2 is only about 2 years old and I don’t know what else to do. 
Plus I was also bought the bracelet to go with this Fitbit and I’m little upset that this may now be redundant due to the Fitbit not working.

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

My device lights up but cannot be found by the app, last sync was made at 21:57 yesterday (3rd June). Is yours giving the same info?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine doesn’t even light up now and cannot be found by the app.

Best Answer

Same problem for me today, no response at all. Have 2 chargers and not responding in any of them. Tried pressing the reset button and it died completely half way through the third buzz.

Have had it in a charger for the last couple of hours but no response what so ever, it was sitting at 65% charge and had updated half an hour before it stopped working, now not registering at all on the app and is completely dead and not charging.

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same thing - i've reset it, then it worked until i needed to sync again. deleted the app and reinstalled, working until i needed to sync again. have you gotten any answers that help? I don't want to buy another tracker as this one works when I swim. at least it does when it works.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please restart your Fitbit at least three times and then restart your phone.  

Also please make sure to clean the charging contacts to ensure it’s charging as well as it can.  (I usually just wipe it) 

also give it some air once in a while.  

I’ve been using mine for about four years and still holds a good charge and no issues syncing, but am really careful with how I treat it daily.  I take it out of the band twice a week to air out. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As said, the whole peeble had completely died, wouldn't reset at all as it was unresponsive, even tried it over the next 2 days, and was still not powering up in any way or resetting. As this was the second Flex2 in 2 years that had completely died, I'd decided it was time to try another tracker. I unsubscribed from Fitbit, uninstalled the app, and purchased another brand of tracker. Before throwing the pebble away, I thought I'd plug it in one last time, and it started to charge again after 4 days! 

I've reinstalled it, but i fear Fitbit is on borrowed time with me now.

Best Answer

@JScottA Keep it dry and clean - I'm finding with the older fitbits that is extending the life.  

Best Answer
0 Votes