Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Wasted hours trying to sync. Error messages and no luck. What a waste.

Moderator edit: Edited title for clarity

Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-restart-my-tracker/

Try it a couple times

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

When I have synching issues I do two things which normally help, the first I turn off wifi on my phone and then turn it back on and then I disable and enable bluetooth. Not techy or scientific just seemed to have helped when mine stopped synching on new years eve. I hope you get it resolved, I agree it would be a shame to give up on something you obviously have been using and hopefully enjoying for two years.

Elena | Pennsylvania

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
20 REPLIES 20

Normally user error. Can you give us a clue as to what is wrong? maybe we can help?

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes
Just stopped syncing last Tuesday. Says battery is empty. It is NOT. Error
message says device not found and I have location turned on. Have had the
flex fir two years with no problem until now. Worked fine after android
update so couldn't be that.
Best Answer

Have you tried restarting the tracker? Have you contacted support? It would be a shame if you give up on Fitbit after 2 years of enjoying it.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Not sure how,to restart the Flex tracker? Have powered off smartphone but
still getting tracker not found and low battery message. Have reached out
to fitbit but no response.
Best Answer

Restart
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-do-I-restart-my-tracker/

Try it a couple times

Community Council Member

Best Answer

When I have synching issues I do two things which normally help, the first I turn off wifi on my phone and then turn it back on and then I disable and enable bluetooth. Not techy or scientific just seemed to have helped when mine stopped synching on new years eve. I hope you get it resolved, I agree it would be a shame to give up on something you obviously have been using and hopefully enjoying for two years.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks a million for the info. I had tried both of those. However, one
suggestion was to reset the Fitbit. I found instructions on YouTube, tried
it and it worked! I appreciate everyone's input and now I am back in
business. Thanks again.
Best Answer
Mine stopped working at the exact second I allowed the updates I was at 5003 steps at 10:24 on thurs. Allowed updates on phone. Poof. Stopped synching. I'll try to retart. I've Uninstalled and reinstalled. Shut of and then shut back on both wi fi and blue toorth. Bought it at Costco. The last time this happened. I just exchanged it. No problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sarahtc Sorry to hear about the trouble with syncing. I recommend trying out these troubleshooting steps and then giving syncing another try. 

If that doesn't resolve the issue, please answer the following:

1. What make and model mobile device are you using when attempting to sync?
  2. What OS version is your phone running? You can click here from your phone's browser to find out.
    1. If running Android 6.0 Marshmallow, do you have location services turned ON as that is a requirement for Bluetooth syncing in Android 6.0.

Hope that helps out.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
I'm taking it to costco tomorrow to exchange it. Thanks
Best Answer

This has to be the worst app and sync crap I've ever used. The fitbit will not connect or sync properly, it keeps changing the time whenever it wants and it totally screws up my Windows App. Apparently according nto Fitbit support yu need to install then uninstall the app the reset the wifi, bluetooth, time zone..etc, etc... What kind of App requires 3 re-installs to even recognize this piece of junk???

Best Answer
I'm having the same issue. Flex stopped syncing on 07/23/16.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally random when it comes to synching, sometimes needs a restart. 

Why location services are needed to be turned on to make it synch eludes me or were just wearing fitbits trackers so they can gather more data on us.

Piece of random **ahem**e.

Best Answer

I agree they are absolute crap. We are currently travelling through Europe, we are from Australia and my fitbit and my wife's fitbit will not synchronise. Why does it need location services? I am over having to restart my phone, delete the fitbit app and re-install, turning off and off the blue tooth, resetting the wifi connection.

Or the best one so far was the complete reset of the fitbit, that was some scary **ahem**. Hold button for 10 secs, stand on one leg and offer a virgin as a sacrifice (not really but was close, anyway I couldn't find a virgin in Australia)

We both have Charge HR's

Do not buy or waste your time with this junk

Best Answer
  • You are so correct. These Fitbits and their website is complete crap. A waste of time and money. It looks like an investment company outsourced the design, operating system, and website to China. China has no quality control. The design of fit bits looks cool, all other work on OS and website are the lowest quality so you will be sucked into an endless loop of failing to get your Fitbit to work as expected. I am throwing away my two year old Alta and buying an Apple Watch.
Best Answer

No one should have to make excuses and constant workarounds for this crap app. I think they stop maintaining the app for their older models because they want you to buy their new crap. 

Best Answer

You are hilarious (normally user error) hahaha

Best Answer

User error are you serious??? Look at the reviews on Google and apple stores, look at people's comments.

I have never in my years of using tech had this level of problems and I had a Spectrum 48 k!! 

Best Answer

Charge 4 has turned out to be a useless piece of **ahem**. It won't sync properly. It no longer shows sleep score and the clockface changes at random and the time zone is wrong too.

Last time I purchase anything from this company..

Best Answer