Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US version vs International version

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to order a fitbit flex 2 from Amazon. There's the US version and International version.  What's the difference between both?  Will the US version work outside of the US? (I don't live in the US).

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

As far as i am aware there is no difference in the trackers, but the app is different (minor differences). 

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I live in Europe, but bought the Flex 2 while on vacation in USA - I actually didn't know there was an international version. 

I don't have any problems using the US version.

Best Answer

So, your US version fitbit works in Europe with no issues?

Best Answer

Correct Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Dose the Fitbit surge (us)version work the same in the United States or on iPhone 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If a device is known as an “International version”, it means that that device can be used on any carrier around the world. If the device is known as a “U.S. version, then it is only used with carriers from the U.S.. So if you are currently living outside the U.S., it is probably best that you go for a Fitbit that is an international version. I hope this helps for you. If you have any other problems, just ask. 🙂

Best Answer

You might be wrong here, there is no carrier involved with Charge2 or any other fitbit device, the unit will operate just as normal as in US  let me ask you  where do you put your sim??  In fitbit unit or phone  🙄 only powersuplys  wallchargers if any will be diferent but here they are USB cabels so again you can hook up on any wall charger. 

Best Answer

I am using US version and using it in Asia country with Asia apps store and haven’t encounter any issue with it. 

Best Answer

I am aware of a difference in the replacement cover age 2 years in Europe v 1 year in USA….

just fyi if you buy the Fitbit from Amazon make sure you buy from the Fitbit Amazon store or it won’t be covered at all!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@yesladyvoodoo this is because of the Europe regulations, oppose to the USA regulations.. 

When it comes to the Flex 2, the line was discontinued 5-6 years ago 

Best Answer
0 Votes