Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit step count + Graph discrepancy

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I didn't use my Fitbit Flex for about 2 weeks in the beginning of December, and since I've been using it again it's been having this issue with the step graph. The Fitbit will record my steps and that syncs fine with the app. The issue is wit's the step graph. Instead of registering 15000+ steps, it says I've walked under 2000 and only registers the light activity. Why is this? I've reset the device and have been using it with no other issues. How can I fix this? Because of the issue, none of my active minutes have been recording. 

IMG_0429.PNG

IMG_0430.PNG

IMG_0431.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@saramarie Thanks for joining the Fitbit family! That is strange! Is the step graph still showing like that? I recommend the following:

• Update the Fitbit app to its latest version (version 2.32 was released on January 30th and version 2.32.1 was released on February 2nd). 
  • Log out from the Fitbit app.
  • Reboot your phone.
  • Log back in to the Fitbit app.

That should certainly help you out with this! Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Hi @SantiR, I updated the app, logged out, restarted the phone, logged back in and I'm still having the issue. This is my step graph from yesterday:

IMG_0533.PNG

So annoying! Thanks for your suggestion though. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im so irritated with the Fitbit versa. I know this post is real old, but I feel it's worth reviving just to show that its May 2019 and I'm having this exact issue with my Versa which I only purchased about 2 months ago. Literally Fitbit has done nothing to resolve the problem. PLUS the challenges aren't showing the correct step count even though my dashboard shows (what I assume to be) the correct count. It caused me to lose a challenge last week because it was showing less than 50k steps despite the fact that I had over 100k for the week. Its absurd. $200 for this thing and it's essentially a toy watch that has adjustable clock faces. I bought a fitness tracker and it's not tracking my fitness. I have no idea if the numbers in my dashboard are even correct now, given how screwed up everything else is. Also, this is the second major issue I've had with this stupid thing. The first time around was a connectivity/notifications/wifi chip failure. I had to factory reset my Fitbit and uninstall and reinstall my app to get it working right. I will never ever spend my money on another Fitbit ever again. I hope this post helps others decide not to buy Fitbits too. They are selling inferior products with garbage support and ripping people off who are just trying to improve their health. They are everything that is wrong with late stage capitalism. 

Best Answer

YOU thought the post was old. Greetings from 1 year, 8 months, 1 week and 3 days in the future. I am STILL having this problem with my charge 3. The main page right now says 6211 steps. I open the graph and it says 6211 at the bottoms, but the graph show one single solitary line for the whole day and it's simply 24 'light' steps. Quite useless. I have restarted the app, logged out, uninstalled, restarted the watch, reset the watch. Nothing. WHAT WILL FIX THIS?

Best Answer

Yea, have to laugh at this.  I emailed support a bit about this.  As of 11/2022 they said the are working hard to fix it.  To answer your question.  It will not get fixed.  It's a shame they continue to lie about attempting to fix.

Best Answer