Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit steps disappeared!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
So Fitbit was showing over 80% steps done today, about 8000. Went to sync with phone and app said 120 steps. Now my Fitbit says less than 20%!!!
Help please
Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

Thank you for stopping by @AbiA!  This usually happens when the battery of your buddy is too low. I'd like to know if at any moment your tracker turned off . To avoid this in the future, I recommend making sure your Flex has enough power. To recover the steps lost, manually log your activity is always a good option. 

Good luck! 

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

This keeps happening to me as well but it has nothing to do with battery. I just charged mine yesterday, and I lost all of my steps again today. My tracker will show several lights, and then all of a sudden just show one. I can sync during the day and have several thousand steps, but then later in the day only have about 100. I've tried several times to restart the tracker but it keeps happening.

Best Answer
Same thing just happened to me tonight! Fully charged. I've never had this happen before.
Best Answer
Same here. For last 3 days steps not syncing. I have followed all troubleshooting steps but nothing's changed. Full battery also.
Best Answer

Welcome to the Community @bks@Betholyn and @Mle2k4! I'd like that you make sure that you're on your correct timezone. If you're on the wrong timezone, your steps won't be restarting at the correct time. You can correct this from your account settings

If you have a mobile device, proceed with the following: 

1. Double tap the home button on your iOS device. Your open apps will show on your device's screen.

2. Close the Fitbit app by swiping the app image in an upward motion.
3. Open the Settings app from your iPhone home screen.
4. Tap "General."
5. Tap "Date & Time."
6. Ensure that "Set Automatically" is ON.
7. Reopen the Fitbit app. The issue should now be resolved.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is happening to me as well today. Every time I click open my app, it drops all of my steps to 0. Super bummed that it keeps doing this. Full natter as well. I have reset my phone, deleted and re-downloaded the app, logged out and back in. ???? 😖
Best Answer

Yes, it is in the correct time zone. I've had this device for almost a year, and this has just started happening in the past few weeks.

Best Answer
Hi CCDay,
I had checked my browser also and everything showed 0 steps. I logged a
ticket and they told me to put the tracker into the charging device (even
though my Fitbit showed full charge all this time), press the small reset
button in middle of charging device with pin/toothpick and let the tracker
charge some hours. When I did this, everything worked again. Hope this
helps. ML
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @ccday@bks and @Mle2k4, If you already tried all the steps provides and the issue persists. I highly recommend that you contact Support team, they'll be happy to take a look into your account and provide you the assistance you need. 

Good luck! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening to me too.  Everything goes to 0 after midnight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

The steps always disappear AFTER I enter exercise for the day. Example today before 1pm I had 13,325 steps. When I entered my walk (1.5 hour) my steps dropped to 6035. Why do you lose the steps when entering an exercise?

Best Answer

Did anyone find a way to fix this? I just had this happen. Killer workout and it only tracked about half my steps. Then I put in the workout and it dropped my steps to 23. 

Best Answer
If you take your steps off and let the Fitbit capture your walk (don’t put steps in as exercise), the steps will show back up in “steps”
If you put them in as exercise, for some reason it removes them. I just let the Fitbit capture my “walk” and the steps. If that makes sense.

Lisa Wilkerson-Cox
Best Answer

Hi this just happened to me when my battery was fully charged and my time zone is correct. Is this a fault as I think I want to return my Fitbit? I only got it this week. 

Best Answer

Same story!!😩😩 Hopefully Fitbit will fix the problem ASAP...

Best Answer

Mine too. Steps gone and active minutes gone. So cross as I’m trying so hard to stay active during isolation as per docs advice and now not going to have accurate records 

Best Answer

Happened to me this week- I’m a nerd and keep a spreadsheet of my steps and when I went to update it yesterday morning for Wednesday’s steps, the Tuesday steps had gone down by 4422 which is probably close to what I did in a 2.3 mile walk Tuesday night 

Best Answer

Tried this and it didn't help.

Best Answer
0 Votes