Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 Not Connecting [Android 11, Pixel 3a]

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

For the record, I have tried everything I have come across in these here forums regarding getting the Flex 2 to sync, and then reconnect, to my Pixel 3a running Android 11:

• Restart the Flex 2 (using the charging cable's 3-button-presses-in-5-seconds method)
  • Turning Bluetooth on and off again
  • Updating the app
  • Force-stopping the app
  • Clearing the cache (went next level and also deleted local storage)
  • Uninstalling the app, reinstalling the app
  • Removing the Flex 2 (to add it back)

The app "finds" the Flex 2 tracker, and even invokes the "double-tap" procedure.. but after that, it just sits "Connecting" (don't make me laugh... if you can connect to the device to initiate the double-tap procedure... guess what? I'm pretty sure that means you can talk to the device... which means "connected"... but then again, I'm not on the team that wrote the app in the first place, so who really knows what "Connecting..." means...). Can you detect the frustration? Can you feel just how much I want to yell and scream, with a vulgar vernacular? No? Well, I do, because this is literally the dumbest situation I've dealt with in the FitBit ecosystem.

Oh wait... I can't even download my data archive, because "SignatureDoesNotMatch" is thrown when clicking the link.

Yeah.. you know what? I'm done. I don't care for a response (it would be canned anyways), and I doubt support would be any level of useful above Not Useful, since the replies I've seen to community threads look pretty **ahem** canned already (ie: Barely even reading the complaints, just... throw something out there, making it look like they are being useful - hint: they aren't).

As a last ditch attempt, I've ordered a FB152OD dongle (which .. why wouldn't it be included already with the product, if they say you can use the Flex 2 with a laptop...?), so maybe that will work to some degree better than the worthless Android app I've suffered with for over 2 years.

I'll still use the app, to track weight though, because... that still works. Until it won't, of course.

Possible Resolution:

Now, if FitBit published the device communication protocols, then maybe I could develop my own application, and actually see the error(s) being generated, causing the synchronization and connection issues. But then again, if I had access to that, why would I need the FitBit app/website dashboard, and how would FitBit be able to get my data and, 'in aggregate", sell it to make money?

In summary, I'll bet it was planned obsolescence, since that's how companies operate these days. And if not convinced otherwise, I'll be returning the favor, by planning on obsoleting FitBit from my future self and health endeavors.

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Had the exact same problem. I put away my Fitbit for the winter holidays, and brought it back out as the weather clears up enough to get back outdoors.

I spent 30 minutes trying to get it to sync before I tried calling FitBit support. After they politely walked me through customer support, they said, "Well, we can give you a discount code to buy a new one!"

I've had this for 2.5 years, and it was working perfectly fine 3 months ago. I haven't changed my phone, and the Fitbit was untouched during that 3 month period, so there is no reason why it shouldn't be working. Why would I buy a product that "breaks" after 2.5 years? Disappointing. I'll be switching to Google's Fitness trackers.

Best Answer