Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 silent alarms stopped syncing

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Following the recent update, my silent sleep alarms are no longer syncing and are even duplicating and just keep cycling, but never sync. I see this has happened before but those solutions of unpairing and repairing the flex 2 don’t work. Help!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone!

I wanted to let you know that our team released the Fitbit app 3.77 version which brings a fix for issues experienced with the alarms. This update should be available for all our members, so please make sure to install it on your phone. For more details about how to manage your alarms, see this help article.

We appreciate your patience throughout this process and we'll keep working to Fitbit more useful for you.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Same here!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's what I found when I called tech support:

1. They were aware of the problem but didn't know what to do about it, nor did they have a solution

2. When I played around with it more, I found that any changes in the alarms (and then I sync'd my fitbit) were updated online through the web-based Fitbit app but still listed as "Waiting to sync"

**Note: when I removed my fitbit & resync'd, turned off/on the bluetooth, deleted/readded alarms, this did not resolve the duplicate alarms nor the "Waiting to sync" status

3. Even though it still says "Waiting to sync" the changes were actually updated on my fitbit and the alarms worked. I tested this with a couple of examples and worked every time. I used it as my alarm this AM and it worked perfectly.

So...my conclusion is that this has to be a problem with the latest firmware update. Despite saying "Waiting to sync" it has sync'd and it helps to verify with Fitbit.com that your alarms are there.

Best of luck to you!

Best Answer

Same symptom on my end and I tried everything you tried. I just tested a silent alarm, which is duplicated and stuck in waiting to sync and it worked! Other than it looking weird and broken, I guess it still works. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for the time taken in sharing your feedback. I'm happy to let you know our team has released a fix for this issue and should be available to all our members. Please make sure your tracker is syncing correctly. For more details about how to manage your alarms, see this help article.

Don't hesitate to let me know if the issue persists as this will help me to investigate and continue helping you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope, still broken.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is fixed now, thank you!!
Best Answer

It’s better, but not completely fixed. The alarms now show as sync’d, and they can be toggled on/off. However, there are still several duplicate alarms showing that cannot be accessed at all, meaning they cannot be deleted. 

Hoping the app team keeps working to fully correct the issue, but good start. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

UPDATE - All seems to be fixed!

I logged out of the app and restarted the phone.  When I logged back into the app the duplicate alarms (that had been deleted) were gone, and all looks to be normal again. Thanks!

Best Answer

Hi there, @Lapper13 and @mward04@icebergwaltz Welcome on board.

@Lapper13 Thanks for keeping me posted and just to confirm, do you mean the issue with the alarms not syncing correctly is persisting on your end? If you haven't done so, please try restarting your Fitbit device and rebooting your phone to see if that helps and let me know how it goes.

@mward04 and @icebergwaltz I'm glad your alarms are syncing correctly and thanks for sharing the steps that worked for you. I hope you can keep enjoying the Fitbit experience.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone!

I wanted to let you know that our team released the Fitbit app 3.77 version which brings a fix for issues experienced with the alarms. This update should be available for all our members, so please make sure to install it on your phone. For more details about how to manage your alarms, see this help article.

We appreciate your patience throughout this process and we'll keep working to Fitbit more useful for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone!

Because this issue got resolved, I'm going to close this thread from further comments.

I truly appreciate your feedback and you can always start a new thread in the Help Forums to receive help from the Community. I'd also invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you can make new friends and find inspiring stories. Happy stepping!

Best Answer
0 Votes