Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 slow to fully charge

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Flex 2 is only 3 weeks old so I've only charged it a few times, but I noticed the battery icon was getting low (but nowhere near out), so I charged it for an hour last night and now for over 3 hours already this morning and all I'm getting still is 3 blinking lights. It hasn't moved on from this for about two hours. The icon on the dashboard also only shows about half charge. How long should it take? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Madasahatta mine is a samsung charger and it seems to be fine. It didnt occur to me that it wouldnt be fine at first and it seems to do a great job.

@Les911 the App keeps you informed of how much power is in the battery with its little battery icon in the top right corner. Then when it is getting down into the red in the picture it sends you an email, then when it is even lower (seems to be almost a day later) when you tap on the actual flex 2 and it flashes your white progress lights, at the end it will have a red light show. At this point you have about a day's  charge left before it dies. So I have gotnintonthe habit of waiting till I get the red light and put it on charge that evening. Mines lasts 6 days netween charges which I think is pretth good.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Not that long. Mine charges from pretty well empty to full in abot 1 1/2 hours. Perhaps try a reset as that clears up a lot of minor problems. When it is charging,  press the small button on the back of the charger 3 times within 5 minutes. It will vibrate with each press and then briefly flash all thw lights then go back to charging. See if that helps.

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As an update, it is now fully charged, but took circa 5 to 6 hours in total when it wasn't even dead to start with. Is this usual? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks anyway Nelly

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is less than a week old so maybe answering with little experience but mine took hours the first time. I did find it quicker charging from the mains and not through the computer if that helps !

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ahh yes, thats a point. Mine, as I said is pretty fast, but I have never charged it through my computer, I use my phone charger which is pretty fast.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
0 Votes

Does it warn you when it needs a re charge?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought about using my phone charger, but wasn't sure if they were all compatible to charge the fitbit? I've got an iphone and a work samsung phone. Should one/both of these chargers be ok? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Madasahatta mine is a samsung charger and it seems to be fine. It didnt occur to me that it wouldnt be fine at first and it seems to do a great job.

@Les911 the App keeps you informed of how much power is in the battery with its little battery icon in the top right corner. Then when it is getting down into the red in the picture it sends you an email, then when it is even lower (seems to be almost a day later) when you tap on the actual flex 2 and it flashes your white progress lights, at the end it will have a red light show. At this point you have about a day's  charge left before it dies. So I have gotnintonthe habit of waiting till I get the red light and put it on charge that evening. Mines lasts 6 days netween charges which I think is pretth good.

Community Council Member

Best Answer
Thats great thank you 👌
Best Answer

Will charging status show on App?  Mine is not. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@PegasusDeb I am not sure exactly what you mean so I'll answer the possibilites I can think of and hopefully one is the right answer for your question!

The battery status shows in the app - the little battery icon in the top right. Green and full (battery full), amber and half full (battery in mid range), red and near empty (will need charging soon - dont panic with this one I get 2 or 3 days of use left in it once the battery icon goes red)

When you are charging the status of the charge is shown on the flex 2 (not the app) with the number of white lights showing telling you haw far along it is (1 starting, 4 nearly there) when it is full the green light comes on. 

I hope that answers you. Come back if you have more questions!

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Hi,can help me.My battery Fitbit Flex 2 already charge around 2 hour but still not fully.still charging & 1 bar only .Never use after purchase.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner  Id suggest you try the suggestions in THIS Help Article on charging problems. I would also suggest you restart the Flex 2 several times and try charging again. Restart your tracker

How old is your flex 2?

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Hello guys! I'm here to help. Welcome aboard @SunsetRunner let me give you a hand with your concern. Nice to see you again participating in our forums @NellyG.

@SunsetRunner Seems odd that after 2 hours of charge your Flex 2 shows the first dot of charging. Same as @NellyG suggested, I recommend you to check our help article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? and try the steps there. Because you haven't use your device for a while, maybe the charging contacts are dirty. Please check the charging cable too. 

@NellyG Your willingness to help is always appreciated, thanks for helping other users with their difficulties!

I'll be here if anything else is needed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pressing the button 3xxx worked. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes