Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 stopped syncing 1 January 2024

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Flex 2 stopped syncing at 4:23 AM on 1 January 2024.  I have followed the recommended steps to the point they told me I needed to restart the device.  I cannot do so, as my charging cable lacks the button required to initiate a restart.

At this point all I can think to do is to let the battery go completely dead for a few days and then charge it.  That should restart the device, but I hope I don't lose any data.

Device has 24.24.30.2 firmware reported.

Any other suggestions welcome.

Dave

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @dhdurgee that restart button is important for the Flex. I'm not sure letting it die and then charging it would be a proper restart. Have you tried looking for an original charger unit? A restart doesn't remove your data, even letting your device die doesn't remove the data. In fact, you'd have to delete your account for your data to be removed.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem and Fitbit support told me that the update done on 1/1/24 caused my Flex 2 to stop working.  They offered me a 35% discount off of a new product but it's not good for the Charge 6 (which I really don't want anyway).  And they don't sell the Charge 5 anymore which I would have wanted.  And the Luxe is on backorder until 1/19/24.  Extremely frustrating that they cause a perfectly good fitbit to stop working and provide such poor choices!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lsulli  have you considered the Inspire 3? I used to have the Luxe and then got the Inspire 3. They are similar and would give you more functions that the Flex series.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is ridiculous if they are trying to make us get new models and with only 35% credit! My newer model (charge 5) stopped working even before one year and they offered the same useless discount! I feel like I am done with Fitbit!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mmo83if the OP had the original charging cable, they could do a restart of their device, which often helps in many situations. Each of us experience different lifespans of our devices. My Flex made it to two years while many others have had it last as long as seven years.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do have the original charging cable but my device wouldn't do anything but quickly blink all 5 white lights. Along with many other things, Fitbit support had me try adding a new device but my fitbit could never be found. It is toast but only because of the Fitbit update.  Does anyone know if there is a way to go back and delete the update?

I purchased my Flex 2 in October 2018 so it lasted 5 years.  My original Flex lasted 3 years.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Lsullithere is no way to revert to an older update. It does seem you got a good long life from your Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also had sync problems, installed new app, app reminder that sync would be better with pairing came up, tabbed,  wouldn't pair with Flex 2. I did reset the Flex to get flashing lights but app stil hung at "pairing in process".

Fooling around,  tabbed on energy percentage, showed fitbit devices linked to app but also phone. Tabbed on phone, allowed some permissions with phone. Went back to home screen, tabbed on pairing and this time message to allow pairing came up and process completed.

Best Answer

I have the original charging unit for the Flex 2. The are no buttons on the charging unit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LJMurphy  directions for restarting are in this article, almost at the end - click to read.  The button is more of a slightly raised area on the usb side of the cable. Without it, you cannot restart the Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes