Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex 2 won't sync anymore

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Flex 2 no longer synchs. I have charged and restarted it. It shows a single blue light. In the app it says it has found my device but just stays on the connecting screen. 
Can anyone help please?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @Quet19 , is the blue light steady or flashing?  Generally speaking a flashing blue light means you have a notification (text message, phone call, etc).  

Sometimes, however, a blue light, especially a steady (not flashing one) can indicate an issue with your Flex 2.  If that is the case for you, please see these instructions:

As you have tried the restart (a good first troubleshooting step) I would suggest checking your app for an update, and if you are uncertain, entirely deleting the app and reinstalling it (You will not lose any data doing this, but please be sure you know the email address you use for your account, and the password).  

If restarting your Flex 2, and updating and reinstalling the app do not solve it, please set up your Flex 2 as a replcement device (again, this will not cause any data loss).  Please do NOT remive the Flex 2 from your account first.

On your Fitbit app click on your profile icon (top left in first page of app).  On the account page choose + set up a device.  From the drop down list find Flex 2.  You will get a message saying, “You already have a Flex 2 connected to this account; do you want to replace it?”. Confirm that you do wish to replace and follow the instructions from there.

Let us know if this helps at all.  Good luck!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi, @Quet19 , is the blue light steady or flashing?  Generally speaking a flashing blue light means you have a notification (text message, phone call, etc).  

Sometimes, however, a blue light, especially a steady (not flashing one) can indicate an issue with your Flex 2.  If that is the case for you, please see these instructions:

As you have tried the restart (a good first troubleshooting step) I would suggest checking your app for an update, and if you are uncertain, entirely deleting the app and reinstalling it (You will not lose any data doing this, but please be sure you know the email address you use for your account, and the password).  

If restarting your Flex 2, and updating and reinstalling the app do not solve it, please set up your Flex 2 as a replcement device (again, this will not cause any data loss).  Please do NOT remive the Flex 2 from your account first.

On your Fitbit app click on your profile icon (top left in first page of app).  On the account page choose + set up a device.  From the drop down list find Flex 2.  You will get a message saying, “You already have a Flex 2 connected to this account; do you want to replace it?”. Confirm that you do wish to replace and follow the instructions from there.

Let us know if this helps at all.  Good luck!

Best Answer
Thanks Julia.
I’ll try that.
Jacquetta

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Julia

Many thanks for your suggestions. I tried the options and was successful with the last one. Great to have my Flex 2 operational once more. 👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome advice- the last option worked for me as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@VonStevenson i am very glad that worked for you as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any advice if setting up as new device fails as well, please?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Julia, my Flex2 just stopped syncing and responding on February 22th 2021. Reset by cable also didnot work.

Being away from home I concluded first that the reset button broke down...but just now I found your post and steps to solve the problem...

I skipped the steps of de-installing the app, and directly started by deleting the Flex2 in the app, and re-installed it as a new device.

This was the problem solving step for me.

All lights work normally again...I'm very glad, because I felt quite frustrated without my step/calory burn tracker these days...

Meanwhile I already considered to buy the new FitBit Inspire 2 as a replacement, though I do not like the FitBit-watch models as I prefer to use a classic Solar Seiko watch... I still not understand why FitBit ended this productline and never replaced it with a likewise slim non-watch model. 

Thank you for sharing your tips!!!

Best Answer

Holy moly - that totally worked!  Thanks!!!

Best Answer

COMPLETELY agree!  I don’t want the watch, and all the other models are too big (even the Inspire)…

When this one eventually dies (it’s my wife’s old one), like mine did, I’ll probably switch brands ☹️

Best Answer

I'm having a similar issue without any luck. The solid blue light is there, but only when I plug into the charger (with a power source). I followed these steps and it did temporarily turn it to a green light so I thought it would help, but not quite. The main issue is without the charger I'm getting NO lights. The app says it's fully charged, but it doesn't seem like it's tracking or syncing once removed from a charger (i.e. removed from a power source) and I'm wondering if the battery is dead altogether and won't hold any charge despite showing full battery. I did have this sitting for a few months without using/charging, so I'm wondering if the battery being drained for a while killed it. It worked fine for a few days after starting to use it again, but then had this blue light issue and won't stay on. Anyone had any issue like this and can help out? Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes