Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex not counting steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have no idea why this is suddenly happening, but my Fitbit has decided to stop counting steps. That's despite it being charged (though the charge is low)

I would have done at least 20,000 steps today and it's counted none. I'm charging it at the moment, and it seems to be taking a charge, which is a postitive, but before I plugged it into the charger, it appeared to be dead. Not a single light lit up. When I plugged it in to charge, it had one light lit up, so clearly it wasn't completely dead.

Why would it not be counting steps?? I'm tempted to forget using it and just buy a One (which I prefer, because I'm not a fan of the wristband anymore)

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It sounds like your little buddy has a battery issue  @AliBy

When out of the tracker and double tapping, does it show any lights?

Feel free restarting the tracker:

Restart the tracker

URL: Click / Tap to open the Fitbit Help Article 'How do I restart the tracker?'

Check out the Fitbit Help Article:

URL: Click to go to the Fitbit Help Article 'My tracker's battery isn't charging'

How to clean the tracker? YouTube Video (By Craig)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezvXy9mKoGQ

Hope it helps

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

It sounds like your little buddy has a battery issue  @AliBy

When out of the tracker and double tapping, does it show any lights?

Feel free restarting the tracker:

Restart the tracker

URL: Click / Tap to open the Fitbit Help Article 'How do I restart the tracker?'

Check out the Fitbit Help Article:

URL: Click to go to the Fitbit Help Article 'My tracker's battery isn't charging'

How to clean the tracker? YouTube Video (By Craig)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezvXy9mKoGQ

Hope it helps

Best Answer
0 Votes
My Fitbit stopped counting steps yesterday at 9985 would not count after that. This morning it was fine. Why would that happen?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, i have the exact same issue except my battery charges and works fine showing lights each time, i wore my fitbit yesterday as i went to a gala and wanted to know my steps walking there and back etc, i should of done atleast 10,000 and i got home synced my fitbit and it said i had done 339 steps which is ridiculous. Please can you help? i have restarted this already a couple of times. some days this doesnt even count my steps at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Happle90 welcome to the forums! Hey, this sounds a little weird and sounds like you've exhausted all troubleshooting possible. I recommend contacting our Support Team for additional info. They definitely have the proper tools to take a deeper look into your tracker's behavior. When you do, make sure you mention to them the steps you've followed to fix this issue. 

Good luck and keep me posted! Cat Very Happy

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fit it flex 2 is only counting calories burned. It does NOT even shows steps. It doesn't show miles or minutes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbitfkex nit tracing steps battery charged 

Best Answer
0 Votes