Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex not counting steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all,

My wife gave me her Fitbit Flex, which has been in her drawer for a year or so.

I charged it, and connected it to my Samsung Galaxy s6 Edge. The app syncs with the tracker over Bluetooth no problem. It also tells me how much battery is left. However, it doesn't count any steps.

I've tried resetting with a paperclip multiple times.

How can I tell if this is a problem with the tracker or with the app? And is there anything else I can try to fix it?

Best wishes.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @depyram  all you can do is make sure to have the latest firmware on the Flex and the latest app for your phone. Problem is the Flex was sitting in the drawer with a dead battery for a year or so. The Flex series was retired a few years ago and the Inspire series was the replacement. Be sure you have steps selected as your main goal. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @depyram  all you can do is make sure to have the latest firmware on the Flex and the latest app for your phone. Problem is the Flex was sitting in the drawer with a dead battery for a year or so. The Flex series was retired a few years ago and the Inspire series was the replacement. Be sure you have steps selected as your main goal. 

Best Answer

@Odyssey13 Thanks for the reply.

After posting the thread, I unpaired and repaired the Flex, and this time the firmware got automatically updated. All seems to be working now! 🙂

Best Answer

What does "unpaired" and "repaired mean.?  I have not had success with Bluetooth, paperclip procedure

Best Answer

Hi @pjpjpj  to pair is simply to get the Fitbit to be recognized by your smartphone so you can sync. The paper clip is for restarting the Flex. This link - click to go there - takes you to the Flex area for the user manual and related articles. 

Best Answer