Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex won’t sync or set up

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My flex stop syncing several days ago. I tried deleting the app to set it back up and now I can’t get it to set up. It just keeps saying “searching”. I have been continuing to try the process for several days now. 

And like everyone else has wrote it doesn’t hold a charge very well now. 

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @MommaHelton, have you tried performing a restart on the tracker?  For this you will need a paper clip, your charger, your tracker's battery, and a computer.

1.) Turn the computer ON

2.) Plug the charger in the USB port

3.) Make a hook out of the paper clip

4.) Using the newly-repurposed paperclip, look for a tiny hole on the back of your charger and put the paperclip into the hole.  Leave it in for 3-4 seconds then pull it out.  Every light will light up except the middle one, then the tracker will go to racing lights before showing you your daily progress.  Congrats, you have successfully restarted your tracker!

I would also suggest making sure that the tracker is on full battery, sometimes this helps with the syncing process.

I would also be tempted to set it up as a new device, by going into the app and then to "Account Settings", then to "Add New Device", and then "Replace Flex".  Then follow the steps from there.  That's what I had to do when I got a new phone.  I was unable to sync over WiFi but was able to sync using Data...not really the most desirable option, but it worked!

Hope this helps!

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

I have had the same issues. I have been told there is a problem with the iPhone updates! So I was told to only sync with my computer. Since changing the clocks, daylight saving time, I now can no longer sync with my computer. This has been so frustrating. I had an old flex for 1 1/2 years and until that stopped working, I never had a problem.  This issue has been going on for a few months.  I tried refreshing the fitbit with the paper clip, but that did not work!

Best Answer

You are my hero!  After days of trying to figure it out, you’re advise resolved my issue. Thank you so very much. 

Best Answer

The info that dramaqueendiva gave me solves my problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MommaHelton wrote:

You are my hero!  After days of trying to figure it out, you’re advise resolved my issue. Thank you so very much. 

You're welcome!

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

I have been having this same problem and was very excited to see a resolution.  Unfortunately this is not working for me.  I get the lights on except the middle one, but it does not go into racing lights from there.  Just goes back to flashing the charging lights.  Still tried to set it up after that...no go.  It still locks into "connecting" after the "tap display until you feel a vibration."  These are way too expensive to not be able to sync and get details.  I replaced my original one in March of this year for the same problem thinking it was just wore out because I had it for several years.  Sync for a few months then stopped.  This is very frustrating.

Best Answer

I have the same issue when trying to resetup my flex. I do the reset and it finds it but when asked to tap till vibration its not registering my vibration and say not working. I've done this serveral times. Uninstalled app, turned bluetooth on and off and switched to data. Help

Best Answer

Thank you!!!  Adding new device worked for me although I had to try it twice before it found my tracker.  I tapped it periodically until it found the tracker the second time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also have been having the same problem. 😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤

Best Answer

I was having the same sync problem. My fitbit was obviously counting my steps but it would NOT "properly" sync to my app. I solved the problem by uninstalling the app and installing it on my mom's phone (she just happened to be in the house at the time). I was wondering if the problem was that my phone is pretty old. After installing the app on her phone I set up my flex 2 as a "new" device. Note, I did not ever delete the flex 2 from my profile as this loses data. It connected to her phone with absolutely no issue. Then I reinstalled the app on my phone and went through setup and it connected just fine. This was last night and it is working perfectly today with her phone no longer in the house.

I cannot even begin to tell you why this would work from a tech stand point but it did. I hope it can help you resolve your issue!

Best Answer
0 Votes