Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How secure is Flex 2's clasp?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I want to purchase one but not if it has a tendency to fall off my wrist like my Charge. Have you changed the clasp system?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
2 BEST ANSWERS

Accepted Solutions

Have had mine for nearly a week and my first impression is that the clasp is very secure.

To be honest, it takes a decent amount of effort to get it off. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer

I agree, it takes a fair amount of effort to unclasp it. Also, the band doesn't extend past the clasp much, so it's almost impossible to catch it on something, and have it unclasp and fall off. Seems very secure to me.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

Have had mine for nearly a week and my first impression is that the clasp is very secure.

To be honest, it takes a decent amount of effort to get it off. 

Best Answer

I agree, it takes a fair amount of effort to unclasp it. Also, the band doesn't extend past the clasp much, so it's almost impossible to catch it on something, and have it unclasp and fall off. Seems very secure to me.

Best Answer
Thank you!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I concur with the others.  I've not had any issues with mine coming unclasped.  It is actually a little difficult to take off, but since I only do take it off once every day or two, I'd rather it be that way.

Best Answer
I also agree with the others, I find the clasp to be very secure.
-Allan
Currently rocking: Versa and Charge 2
Once upon a time: One | Flex | Charge HR | Alta | Blaze | Surge | Flex 2
Best Answer

As the others have said, the clasp does take some effort to undo. However, as added insurance, a 25 cent o-ring from the hardware should ease your concerns. For the Flex 2 a ring with a 3/8 inside diameter works fine. 

Best Answer

Mine came off my wrist while I was sleeping.  surprised me, because I have difficulty opening the clasp when I want to.  If you google "band cover" you will find a small plastic loop that helps keep the band closed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with all of you. I tried the new band + clasp mechanism of the new Flex 2 and I find it to be the most secure clasp designed by Fitbit so far.

Thank you for your feedback! Continue sharing your tips and experiences with this wristband 

In addition, if you'd like to share your lifestyle and tips to reach a healthier and happier lifestyle, I invite you to take a look at the Discussions board.

Happy stepping!

Rodrigo l Italian & English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Parliamo di calcio Qual è la tua squadra di calcio preferita?

Best Answer
I agree, had mine for just over a week now and have no problems with the security of the wristband. Does take a bit of effort to get it off and I was a bit worried at first about damaging it. However so far it seems fairly robust. I think it has stretched a little as I moved up another notch.

Best Answer

Lost my flex 2 as wristband fell off had it one minute went for a swim noticed it had gone nowhere to be seen really upset 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought two of the jewelry style bracelets so I could wear it with my business suits, dresses etc. Both have fallen off. The first time I found it in a parking lot on my way back to my car, someone had driven over it so the bracelet was toast. I took the fit bit counter out of the basket and put it in the other bracelet. I was traveling last week and noticed at the airport as I boarded the plane that my bracelet was gone. No idea where it fell off.

Anyone wanting the jewelry style for Flex2 is cautioned against it.

I also noticed with both bracelets that the basket that holds the fit bit often opened and the fit bit was on the verge of falling out.

Not the best design, won't be buying a replacement.

Best Answer
Thanks for the update was thinking that the jewellery one woul be more secure obviously not. It is ridiculous that the design is not tried and tested with great results before going into the market place. I have thought I would try to secure my bracelet with a little bit of garden wire although if they made the pin a little longer it would snap better into the bracelet and  or secure with two pins 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

How did you put on the o-ring?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been using my flex 2 for little over a year and a half. The claps are secure but the little holes, on the other side started to break free. Any recommendations? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need to buy a new band.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

My bracelet fell off while shopping.   No hope of return :((.    Clasp is not very secure.    But I loved it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes