Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to block someone?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Morning Users! Is there a way to block a person who is no longer on your friends list? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

absolutely, if someone gets annoying:

You can block friends in the Fitbit app: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon:User-added image
  2. Tap or click the tile with your name.
  3. Find your Friends list.
  4. Tap or click the friend you want to block to view their profile.
  5. Tap or click the three dots.
  6. To remove the friend, tap or click Block User or block friend
  7. If you want to unblock the user, go to Account > Blocked Users and select the user you want to unblock.
Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer

Thank you @wmchapman I have unfriended them already (before this thread) but wish to block them is that still possible? 

Best Answer

No need, go to >blocked users (last listing on the account page, scroll way down) and you will see them there  😉

This is also where you would unblock them should they return to grace.

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I did it backwards as well where I unfriended them thinking it would block the challenges requests...

I had to go to friend finder -- go to their name again (found easily because facebook friends)

Select their name (not the +add button)

There are 3 dots in the upper right hand corner

Select block.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My question:  How do you know that someone blocked you?   I see the person's profile I want to friend, but unable to cheer and leave a comment on their posted when leaving one on a community forum.   Even when I send them a friend request, will they see the friend request?

Best Answer

From my experience, there's no way to tell if you've been blocked or that your request was even sent.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Has this happen to you before?

Best Answer
0 Votes

That does not answer my question.   I cannot leave a cheer and comment on this person's post.   When I tried to, it rejects it.   We are not friends, but I can see there post through the community.   Did this person blocked me?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Aanyone still on the forums?

Best Answer
0 Votes

What if they are not a friend and they keep sending you challenges?  I have already selected that I don't want to recieve challenge requests.  I'm still getting them from this person. I'm tired of deleting them.  

Best Answer
0 Votes