Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing daily step goal

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I use to be able to change but since the update I don't seem to have that option. It is stuck at 5,000 and I want to change it to 10,000 steps a day.  I have checked and it is still at 5,000.  I am running Windows 10.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Great to see you around @Daubernut. If you want to change your goal, you just need to do the following:

1. Click the gear icon in the lower left corner of the tile you wish to edit a goal for.
2. Write your preferred goal amount in the outlined box.
3. Click the “Save” button.

Let me know the outcome! Woman Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Great to see you around @Daubernut. If you want to change your goal, you just need to do the following:

1. Click the gear icon in the lower left corner of the tile you wish to edit a goal for.
2. Write your preferred goal amount in the outlined box.
3. Click the “Save” button.

Let me know the outcome! Woman Happy

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer

Worked.  Thank you so very very much.  Now off to reach my goal.

Best Answer

You are welcome @Daubernut. It is great to see that your inquiry has been resolved. If you need anything else do not hesitate in letting us know.

Happy stepping and good luck reaching your new goal. Woman Wink

Best Answer
@Daubernut I'd love to hear your thoughts about how ambitious to be when setting your daily step goal. What has worked for you?
I started a discussion thread here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Get-Fit/Measuring-up-goal-setting-and-motivation/m-p/1121776#U112177...
Best Answer

No gear icon appears in the bottom corner of the Step Goal tile on my dashboard.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What gear? What icon? Still unable to change my step goal. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great to see you around @unknown100 and @waddinpd. The gear icon will appear at the moment of taking the arrow at the bottom of the tile (see attached image).

Goals.png

If you sync your trackers with a phone, tell me which phone you have so I can provide you the instructions to change your goal directly from it. 

Hope to hear from you soon. Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Didn't help because I can't find the tiles!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

this does not appear to work.  All it does is ask me if I want to delete tile

Best Answer
0 Votes

This isn't working for me. When I click on the gear I'm given an option of deleting the tile. That's it.

Best Answer
0 Votes