Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Fitbit "sync" icon on desktop toolbar?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got a new desktop computer and want to install the Fitbit "sync" icon on the desktop toolbar. 

I don't know how to install on my new computer.  I am using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer if that helps.

Also worth noting, I received a couple of hand-me-down Flexs and I'm not sure which dongle goes with which Flex at this point, but I'm guessing it shouldn't matter?

As of now, I can log on to see my dashboard but only using the website.  I have zero data recorded though because I just recently charged it so can't check.  My goal is to be able to force sync my Flex from my desktop toolbar. 

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Any of the dongles will work fine.

You need to download and install a program called "fitbit connect" to enable syncing via your computer.

Go to www.fitbit.com/setup then click on the "PC" then click "download for windows". Once the file is downloaded double click it to start the installation. At some point in the installation it will ask you to install one of the wireless dongles.

At the end of the installation you should see a fitbit icon in the system tray (at the bottom right of the screen, near to the time). If you right click this there will be a "sync now" option.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

You need to download and install a program called "fitbit connect" to enable syncing via your computer.

Go to www.fitbit.com/setup then click on the "PC" then click "download for windows". Once the file is downloaded double click it to start the installation. At some point in the installation it will ask you to install one of the wireless dongles.

At the end of the installation you should see a fitbit icon in the system tray (at the bottom right of the screen, near to the time). If you right click this there will be a "sync now" option.

Best Answer

Thank you!  Success!

Best Answer

I just logged back onto my Fitbit page after about 2 years of no use. The movers lost my dongle to my Fitbit One and I haven't been using it. I've changed computers since I last used the program and my desktop icon is not there. I can't set up a new account, as I already have one. How do I get the icon back to the desktop? All the instructions I can find are for setting up a new device.........thank you. (Have Windows 10 PC)

Best Answer
0 Votes

You may not need the icon on your desktop if your Windows 10 PC has inbuilt bluetooth. Instead you could just download the fitbit app from the windows store and login using your existing ID and password. 

If you can't do that for some reason then you'll need to get that icon back - see my post earlier in this thread - but you will also need to buy a replacement dongle as Fitbit Connect will not work with a PC's own bluetooth.

Best Answer

Thank you for answering. My PC is an older (faithful) Gateway, doesn't have Bluetooth. I got my Fitbit One and set up my account/page about 2014, so everything is rather 'old school'. I just replaced my original dongle, and now able to get back on-line, sync, etc.......after about 2 years of not using it. It's all working as it used to except for the missing icon on the desktop. I've also changed computers since I originally installed the whole thing. When I look in the 'apps' list, there is nothing about Fitbit under "F". The instructions I can find are all for 'installing a new device'. Any ideas? Thank you so much. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did the icon used to be at the bottom right of the screen near to the clock / date?

If so, it may be there but hidden. To the left of the icons that are showing there should be an up arrow. Click this to show any hidden icons. With any luck the fitbit icon will be there.

Best Answer

Thanks again........No, it's not one of the hidden icons. I'm guessing I need to download the software again......?? I kept looking for a way to update what I have. I got the actual Fitbit updated - have version 6.64 now. Have no clue what it was before. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought that you needed to download the software as well, but you mentioned that it is syncing and I couldn't see how that was happening without the software. Anyway, whether you have it or not, downloading and installing it again is worth trying.

Go to www.fitbit.com/setup

Scroll down and click "PC" then click "download for windows". This will download the install file for fitbit connect. As part of the installation it should setup the icon.

Best Answer

WooHoo!!! I'm in business. I was afraid it would wipe out what I had or not let me continue....after downloading it asks if you already have an account & just click 'Log In'.......and there you are! Went to the Apps list and there was Fitbit - moved it to the bar and I have my icon. You Made My Day. Thank you so much!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Glad we got there (I confess I didn't know what else to suggest!)

Best Answer

What to do when app is already installed?  I get:Dashboard right Way?   No "setup" dialog!

Best Answer
0 Votes

No "setup" already present!

@SteveH wrote:

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for replying, but it's taken care of. I deleted the old app and
downloaded a newer one..........all works fine.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Already installed/using APP.  Trying to get options mentioned, just get App

@tjhB0B wrote:

No "setup" already present!

@SteveH wrote:

opened!

Best Answer
0 Votes

how do I emove and re-install "Fitbit app set-up"?"
@SteveH wrote:

Best Answer
0 Votes

I need help with my fitbit and I don't have a phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

I need help with my fitbit and I do not have a phone

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Fleetway277 and welcome to the Community.  I'm sorry, but Fitbit ended all computer syncing when it deactivated both Fitbit Connect and the Windows 10 app.  If you have a wireless home network, you can use a wi-fi tablet.  But you need a compatible Android or Apple device. 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been trying for hours to Syn with my new laptop and eventually worked out what you have said.  But presumably having synced to my i phone I can see an updated dashboard on the laptop?

Best Answer