Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hula Hoop tracking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I'm pretty new to Fitbit, but I just started using my Flex 2 for the last couple days. It's cold here and I'm mostly lazy but I have a hula hoop that I enjoy so I hula hooped for 30 minutes today but I'm not sure how best to log it. I did some Googling and saw perhaps Aerobics was the best way to log it, so I did that this time, but I wish hooping came up as an option. I will say that I was curious about what  it would do, so I left it on my wrist while I hooped and it added 3,000 ish steps. 😳 I can't decide if this is problematic or not. 😆 I don't do crazy tricks or anything but I listen to music and try to squat a bit and have a habit of moving my arms around as I sing along, and I can definitely tell it does something to my middle section so I believe it counts as exercise. Just wondered if anyone had any opinions on this! 😊

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Forums @amazoneprime! When you are doing an activity different than walking, you can try different placings for your Flex 2 to improve your accuracy. To know more about this you can check the help article How do I wear my tracker?

If you are using the presented activities, the best is to use the activity "Workout". Or you can create your own activity. Manually logging an activity works well when step count isn't the best indicator of the calories burned. To learn more about this you can take a look to the help article How do I manually log an activity or exercise?

I hope this helps! 🙂 

Lucy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you like my answer? Vote for it!

Best Answer

I love hula hooping also and I am new to fitbit. I want to track my hula hooping!!! Have you gotten any help with it?

Best Answer

@Vinnie28  Please read @LucyAP  post. Its above yours. Workout mode is the best

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Any hula hooping I do is recorded by itself as Elliptical. It might not recognise a few minutes of it, but overall it works. I hope this helps.

Best Answer

I use "workout" to record my hula hooping on fitbit because aerobic is not an option, until you record on "workout" , then go to exercise and categorize exercise as aerobic, if you want it to show as aerobic.  I use a weighted hoop and it states on the paperwork it is aerobic.  But categorizing is just an option and it has to be done manually after you finish as Workout.   Hope this made sense!  Enjoy

Best Answer
Thanks for letting me know.
Best Answer
0 Votes