Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iphone can’t find device

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Off and on since I received my Flex 2 this has been a problem.

It was working fine this morning and then I check my steps and it  can’t find device. I charge it every other night. Not low battery. 
why?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

(5/10) 1. It is most likely your Flex 2's battery has fully drained. It's possible that the device's battery reading is inaccurate, as my device completely dies at around 65%.

Place the Flex 2 in the charging port and see if the device buzzes right when you place it in. Then it should show a flashing light indicating a charge and the number of lights indicating a rough battery percentage. You should be able to sync now.

However, if the device doesn't buzz and still can't find the device, there are more steps you have to take. Let me know how it goes from here.

(5/10) 2. Have you tried resetting your device? The reset button is located back of the charging port. Place the device in the port and click on the button at least three times to see if your device can be found.

Also, did your Flex 2 buzz as it normally would when you placed it in the charging port?

(5/11) 3. New reply (my post is getting deleted by Fitbit for some reason) @Ridergirl55 This is a very new problem I just ran into yesterday, where it would still buzz but still can't find my device. I've been troubleshooting it by resetting it for hours. For many users who are stuck, I'm afraid Fitbit has found a way to brick the dev

I ended up buying a Flex 2 off of eBay last night. Just for rant, I'm appalled that they came out with Charge 4 that has a minor upgrade when they could put all those resources for a Flex 3. 

Also, when I gave in yesterday and contacted chat support, instead of troubleshooting the problem, they provided me a discount link to their pre-selected, old devices for 25%. The day after their 30% sale ended, their only resolution is to get the consumer to spend instead of fixing the problem? These tactics are wrong. 

Best Answer
Thank you.
I have already done what you suggested and it still says device not found.
The battery shows 73% and I have 4 lights showing while in charger.
I also have more than 1 charger and have tried both, same results.
It was fine one minute then nothing.
You said you had other suggestions?
Appreciate your help.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes it buzzed.
I will do a reset and let you know.
Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve reset my device 4 times. It buzzed but doesn’t flash like it should. Are there any other steps I could take?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended up deleting my app and reinstalling it. Now it found the Flex 2 but it won’t sync. It tries to track it but doesn’t work. It keeps on working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

From here, it is best to contact chat support and they can guide you through troubleshooting the issue. Hope they can provide the help that you needed instead of throwing you a discount code/link:

https://help.fitbit.com/?l=en_US&cu=1&fs=ContactUs

Best Answer
0 Votes