Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Fitbit isn’t recording steps

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi guys does anyone know why my Fitbit isn’t recording my steps is anyone else having this problem?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Resetting the pebble has worked, but it took about 6 reset tries to kick
in. It's been ok for a few days now.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
23 REPLIES 23

Do the lights on your actual tracker indicate you are moving towards your goal? What do you see in the app? Is anything from the tracker syncing over to the app dasboard?

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

My fitbit is not sync with the app it shows calories burned but not showing steps or anything else since last two day's tried to rest it as per forums guid lines please help.

thank & Regards,

Dilip 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mines doing the Sandi I've synced it and walked miles today, nothing recorded except 700 calories. Same yesterday, yet on Saturday it says I've done 21000 steps, and a swim, which I didn't do!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How strange, because mine started doing exactly the same thing 2 days ago.  The "pebble" is tracking, but the app is not synching the steps, nor is my laptop.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem, since last sSunday.  ZWhen I try  to manually sync it tells me it's scheduled  but never does it. 

Best Answer
I noticed it first when my reminders to move started going off at 20
minutes after the hour rather than at 10 minutes before the hour.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue on mine - did you solve it?

Seems like this is something that hit lots of users last days. Any fixes? 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
I had to restart the pebble (put in charger and press button on not the
bottom of chager 3x) and turn on/off Bluetooth on phone. Something I did
made it sync eventually (sometime over night) Still don't know why it wont
do it right when I try to do it manually.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Resetting the pebble has worked, but it took about 6 reset tries to kick
in. It's been ok for a few days now.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I did the reset thing - pushed the button on the back of the pebble.  It took about 6 tries, but it worked and it's been ok for a couple of days now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello guys! I hope you are doin' fine! 

If your Flex 2 doesn't seem to be tracking your steps (because even though you are doing step-based activities the lights won't turn to show your progress), or if it does show your progress but it won't sync that data, I'd like you to try the following: 

- Restart your Flex 2 

- Make sure that you have the latest version of the Fitbit app installed on your phone

- Take a look at the troubleshooting in this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? 

If some of you already tried this out and is working, I appreciate your help. 😉 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Tried everything there were two updates released by fitbit on Google play in last two days but still nothing seems to be working with my device it just shows calories burned and nothing else. Let me what else can be done thank you for replying 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Dilip_vk, I hope you are doin' great! Thanks for update the Fitbit app on your Android device. Could you please tell me which mobile device are you using? Is it a compatible device? I'm asking because that could be the main reason why your Flex 2 don't always connect as expected. 

I'll be around! 

Best Answer
Android  LG. K20 cell phone

Sent from my Galaxy Tab A
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply @Pat-Atlanta! Oh! I'm afraid my friend that, this phone model that you have, the LG K20 isn't on the compatible devices list, so you may experience connectivity issues. However, you can take a look at the troubleshooting in this help article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync? These tips might help you out. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer

This is a major brand (LG) with one of their more popular models running a
recent version of Android.

How can not be supported? 

Moderator edit: Removed caps

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Fitbit is not recording steps? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tired restarting your flex 2 several times as suggested above?

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

You are totally right @Pat-Atlanta, this phone model, the LG K20 is a pretty popular device, and knowing that, our team is working in order to expand the list of compatible devices, so this one could be added at any moment. Please stay tune. 😉 

@Transplantx12, if your Flex 2 isn't tracking your steps, as @NellyG suggested, you can restart it by following the instructions that she posted. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes