Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New app kills battery

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

With the new app update, I am charging my flex 2 times a day and it still dies!  Making my FitBit useless!  Anyone find anything to make battery life better?  

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi, @SP99 your app should not affect the battery life of the device, but if you are concerned, do not allow the app to run in the background and close it down except when you want to sync.  

It is more likely, unfortunately, that your Flex 2 is coming to the end of its useful life - it is these days a very old device in electronic terms, and, as I am sure you are aware, all rechargeable batteries have a limited life span (recharge cycles).  As yours has lasted so long, it sounds like you have taken very good care of it.  But even the best cared for batteries will eventually die!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi, @SP99 your app should not affect the battery life of the device, but if you are concerned, do not allow the app to run in the background and close it down except when you want to sync.  

It is more likely, unfortunately, that your Flex 2 is coming to the end of its useful life - it is these days a very old device in electronic terms, and, as I am sure you are aware, all rechargeable batteries have a limited life span (recharge cycles).  As yours has lasted so long, it sounds like you have taken very good care of it.  But even the best cared for batteries will eventually die!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer