Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pair with two devices?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was just wondering whether it would be possible to pair my flex 2 with two different devices.  I switch between an iPhone and an Android phone and it would be nice to do this.  I was able to do this with my old Jawbone UP, but I remember some people not being able to do it.

Thanks.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SunsetRunner Thanks for your help here!

@PDADoc As @SunsetRunner mentioned, you can use your Flex 2 on multiple devices! However, please keep in mind the following information:

1. It's recommended to use a device that's on our Supported Devices List

2. You don't need to re-pair your tracker to each device. Simply log into your Fitbit account on each device and sync to see your stats. 

3. If you have any issues syncing your tracker to one of your devices, take a look at this article to help! 

Let me know if I can help answer any other questions! 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
22 REPLIES 22

You can pair it with several devices as long as they are supported. PC, iPhone, Android phone .... doesn't matter. Just add the apps to each and log in and sync with whatever is handy at the time.

Best Answer

Great, thanks!

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Thanks for your help here!

@PDADoc As @SunsetRunner mentioned, you can use your Flex 2 on multiple devices! However, please keep in mind the following information:

1. It's recommended to use a device that's on our Supported Devices List

2. You don't need to re-pair your tracker to each device. Simply log into your Fitbit account on each device and sync to see your stats. 

3. If you have any issues syncing your tracker to one of your devices, take a look at this article to help! 

Let me know if I can help answer any other questions! 

Best Answer

Yes, but how do I set this up?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just download the app and log into your account on both devices and you can use whichever you want. I use a tablet and my phone. It is easy. I can sync on either and as the information is passed back to the Fitbit Servers it is instantly available on the other device. Come back if you have more questions.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

I paired using my PC and syncing with my Charge 2 is fine. I also have the Fitbit app on my Samsung Galaxy S4 and this is always having problems syncing. All I see is a red exclamation mark. When I first bought the Charge 2 I tried setting everything up using the Android Fitbit app but found it was constantly failing during the add device process to pair with my Charge 2.

In the end I had to add my Charge 2 to my Fitbit app via the Windows app, which worked fine. When I logged into the Android app I saw my Charge 2 was present because I added it via the Windows app. 

The problem I have now is that the only way to avoid syncing problems with the red exclamation mark indicating sync fail is to unplug my Bluetooth dongle from my PC. It therefore seems that the Fitbit app or the Charge 2 is incapable of supporting the situation whereby I have it paired not only with my PC but also with my smartphone. Could this be due to the 'Always Connected' option in the Android Fitbit app (this option does not exist in the Windows app)? Should I disable this if I happen to be at home with my smartphone and PC in Bluetooth range of each other with them both being paired to my Charge 2?

Best Answer

I am not sure, but it would be worth trying. And pairing does seem to change over time with updates to phones and trackers.  I initially paired easily with two devices, then I could only pair with one, and now I can pairnwith the two again, but it is not as easy as it was initially.

Do you have notifications turned on? It seems when you do that the tracker 'prefers' to sync with this device (usually phone), so if the phone is anywhere near, the other device (in my case my tablet) wont sync.

Community Council Member

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Did not think about notifications. I'll try changing things to see if that makes a difference. Thanks.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit gets upset if it sees two active BlueTooth devices. If both are in the same house, you need to temporarily disable Bluetooth on one device. Personally, I can always sync on my iPhone, but my iPad won’t sync if my iPhone is here. 

Best Answer

LenaFitbit, thank you for this reply.

I want to synch my Fitbit Charge 2 on an iPad and also on a MacBook Air.

I have it set up and working fine on the iPad already.

On the MB Air, can I synch just using the web browser (i.e. logging in to my Fitbit account using a web browser), or is it necessary to download and install the Fitbit Connect app?

Thank you for your help.

Joe S

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JoeS1 You need ro download the Fitbit Connect App. You cant sync from the website dashboard.

Community Council Member

Best Answer

Thank you NellyG.  Much appreciated.

Joe S

Best Answer

It doesn’t work for me I have always had the app paired with my iPhone, I just got an iPad and it tells me “No device found”.  It shows it in my device list but I can’t access it.  I’m afraid to try and remove and repair.  Will it delete all my history on both devices?

Best Answer

No big deal. At night, I keep my iphone charging downstairs, and my iPad with me upstairs. Before bed, I swipe up on the iPhone, and disable BlueTooth. Then, the ipad syncs beautifully. In the morning, I turn bluetooth back on, on my iphone. 

Best Answer

Peggie1956 - that works. I’ll just have a hard time remembering to do it. 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh! I DO KNOW that remembering to do it is the challenge! LOL

Best Answer

Thanks a lot, @Peggie1956 . Based on my experience this is clearly the actual answer sometimes, rather than the kind of vague talk-around based on the fact that it does sync _on the back end_ through whichever phone/tablet *does* manage to connect, which isn't what the question is really about.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree with Peggy1956. I have an iPhone 10 and a fifth generation iPad. Fitbit Ionic only pairs with one at a time and switching back and forth is neither simple or quick. Fitbit should work on this. The other answers in this thread seem unfamiliar with this problem, but Peggy1956 is totally right.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks. I posted that solution over two years ago. It is still true, although the FitBit App is getting better at cooperating, sometimes, even if two BlueTooth devices are present. 

Best Answer
0 Votes