Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden decrease in step count

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This may have been answered already....but for the past couple of days when I run for 20 minutes my count is up to 5,000. I check both my iphone and the computer. 5 minutes later it drops to 2,000. Why? Please help....

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@shobe2016 Thanks for getting back to me! Hey, reading that was like a ray of sunshine. Cat Very Happy Double logging an activity might cause discrepancies, so that definitely makes a huge difference if you don't log a step based activity. Cat Wink Feel free to post back!

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

@shobe2016 Thanks for taking a break from stepping to visit the Community! Well, you might want to make sure that you're not manually logging activities as it might be overriding the steps your tracker recorded. Also, I'd recommend restarting your Flex and keep an eye to your tracker's behavior in the next few days. Keep me posted with the outcome! Cat LOL

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

Thanks Mariam. Actually I didn't even know I could manually enter until I did some research. Today, I ran and the count went up to 3,500 and then after 5 minutes dropped to 1,000...so in this case I did input the difference. I will try restarting and then see how it goes.

Thanks again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@shobe2016 thanks for getting back to me! That definitely sounds odd. Hey, just keep in mind that your Flex features LED indicator lights that keep you focused on achieving your goals. The indicator lights illuminate as you hit 20% increments of reaching your goal. So, in order to see how much work you've done in a day, tap your Flex twice that's when the indicator lights will show how close you've gotten to reaching your goal. I'd suggest to check your goal before syncing and verify how many LED indicator lights blink. Also, restarting your Flex might do the trick; keep me posted with the outcome! Cat Wink

Best Answer

Hey there,

I figured out the discrpancy. If I don't log a "run" it doesn't adjust the step count. So by not logging it remains accurate. I'm sure this is likely not correct, but if it works it works. 😉

Best Answer

@shobe2016 Thanks for getting back to me! Hey, reading that was like a ray of sunshine. Cat Very Happy Double logging an activity might cause discrepancies, so that definitely makes a huge difference if you don't log a step based activity. Cat Wink Feel free to post back!

Best Answer

I have had my Charge HR for about a week, and on two different occasions it has dropped steps.  For example, I had close to six thousand steps by 11am, but his afternoon it shows 1510.  My husband teased that I must have been walking backward.  Where are all my steps?  Of course, this also impacted my calorie count.  How frustrating!

Best Answer

A warm welcome to our new friend @Fallbrookian! Hey, that's kind of odd. Just out curiosity, did you notice this happening on your tracker or you Dashboard? Or both? Sorry to answer your post with more questions but I'd like to have a better picture of the situation to provide you with a proper solution. Also, I'd recommend restarting your device and keep an eye on its behavior. Keep me posted, I'll be looking forward to your new comments! Cat Very Happy

Best Answer
I think I figured out what was happening.  I had manually entered my brisk 45 minute walk, and it was deducting the steps I took during the time that I logged.  I thought it was odd that it didn't just put n/a on the steps and distance, but it just eliminates them.  It also eliminates calories used.  My other issue is that without logging the "walks", I can't find where to look at my bpm rates.  The doctor wants me to get to and hold 130 bpm, but I haven't been able to find the chart to see it when I haven't logged it manually.  Since I walk outdoors, it is impossible to read the tracker---the glare prevents seeing anything on the screen.  I guess it just takes a while to figure it all out without a detailed instruction booklet. 
Best Answer

@Fallbrookian it's great hearing back from you! Hey, in order to check out your Heart Rate from a recorded activity, go to your Activities Log and click on View Details and you'll have your Heart Rate during that period of time. Here's a screenshot of how it should look like:

Details.png

Also, I've found your Flex's manual for an overview of your product. Hope this helps, keep me posted with the outcome! Cat Very Happy

Best Answer

Same thing just happened to me! - I am trying to restart it to see if that makes a difference.... Did you end up solving this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome aboard @Susane63, hope you're doing well, and enjoying some healthy activities!

Have your steps decreased after you complete a certain activity? Also, how often do you sync your tracker? Sorry to answer you post with more questions, but Id like to get a better picture of the situation. Smiley Happy

What were the findings after the restart? Do let me know!

I'll be looking forward to your new comments. Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
My replacement has since quit charging (just like the one that was replaced), so I threw it in the trash and am just winging it on my fitness regimen.  If equipment can't keep working for more than a few months, it's not worth the money nor the aggravation.
Best Answer

@Fallbrookian I'm sorry to read about your replacement tracker. I'd like properly follow up with you case. So, would it be ok with you if I forward this info to our Support Team so that they can take a deeper look into this situation? Do let me know. Smiley Happy

I'll be looking forward to your new comments! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

You can, but I threw it in the trash so it's not as if it can be repaired.  It just stopped charging---which is exactly what the earlier one did.  Since I was specifically told it was a "one time replacement" and I had exhausted all the remedies I was told to do on the previous model, I gave up on it.

Best Answer

Just jumping in here - this is my second day with an old Flex (my wife upgraded to a Galaxy Gear Fit so I thought I'd give it a go). Today I had logged about 4,800 steps in the morning, then the Flex stopped responding. After a reset, it re-synced and immediately my steps dropped back to 1,188. I haven't logged any other activities, so it's a different issue.

Syncing to a Lumia 950 using the Windows 10 Mobile app.

I'll keep an eye on this, but it really isn't a good start. If it does it again, I think I'll just look at another device when I eventually switch from Windows to Android (not willingly, but because Microsoft have given up on mobile).

Best Answer

I clocked over 10 thousand steps now in my fitbit charge 3, now when I synced to app on my phone it somehow changed my charge 3 to 8450 steps 🤬

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue as well! And nothing I’ve done helped?? Including restarting the charge 3, removing it from the app, log out of the Fitbit app and log in again, restart phone.. even deleted the Fitbit app and reinstalled it again, as well as removing charge 3 from my iPhone bluetooth and paired it all over again. NOTHING WORKS.

Best Answer

My Fitbit just dropped 10,000 steps. I’ve tried everything. I noticed that you had the same issue. I suspect there is an issue with the Fitbit server

Best Answer

same story here. I was at 14,300 and synced with my phone Now both phone and app show 13,922. 

Best Answer