Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sudden decrease in step count

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This may have been answered already....but for the past couple of days when I run for 20 minutes my count is up to 5,000. I check both my iphone and the computer. 5 minutes later it drops to 2,000. Why? Please help....

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

I have a brand new Inspire 2, less than a week.  It drops step when it syncs and even sometimes when it isn't syncing (9PM last night my steps on the device dropped significantly - and I AM in my correct time zone.  I have tried everything listed.  However the directions for restart are not working for me.  I plug it into it's cord to the USB power block to outlet and hold the left side button, all it does is show me the battery is charging, no restart.  I have rebooted the device several times, uninstalled the app and restarted the phone, reinstalled the app.  Same.  I bought this to replace an old Charge2 that stopped charging, and waited weeks for it, I was so excited but this is extremely discouraging because it is doing me no good if it is not accurate!

Best Answer

I see numerous threads on this issue and no real answer. I have a flex and the same thing is happening (when I manually log in a walk it reduces my steps). I tried deleting the walk/exercise and it does not restore the steps. Also, the light indicators reduce as well. I spent over an hour on the phone last night with two different reps and it’s still not fixed. And more importantly, I’ve lost out on tracking those steps. 

Best Answer

This is absolutely not a solved issue and Fitbit needs to address this. I've just had the same issue and logging an activity when the tracker doesn't automatically track it should not negate steps you've put in. 

Best Answer

This issue is still going on. Has Fitbit written a patch to fix this issue? That would actually solve it. This is not user error. This is a coding error. 

Best Answer

Yes I agree. This has happened to me as well, twice I have hit my step count goal while out walking, showing on both tracker and app, then half an hour later steps have mysteriously been reduced. What is going on? Also if I don’t have my phone with me when I’m out,  mobile track automatically syncs when I return home and takes away all the steps accumulated on my walk. This is really rubbish. I have a brand new Inspire 2, and never had these problems with my Flex 2. 

Best Answer

I agree with Ms. Fallbrookian. They say that FitBit is a good way to tell if you want/need a smart watch. While I have enjoyed logging my food and workouts [which I can do with dozens of apps, or even a pen and paper as I used to, I am no stranger to reading nutritional facts], the PC app and the device are extremely frustrating. I'm glad I'm trying it, but once this refurbished Charge 2 goes, so do I. I guess a plus is the post workout heartrate increase from frustration of the app and FitBit removing my progress for the day [for logging myself it since the "autodetect" feature does not work]...? But I'm glad I went with refurbished. Either I am NOT a smartwatch person, or I need to try a better brand of smartwatch....

Best Answer

This clearly isn't odd as it happened to so many people. Shall I just return my fitbit and have it replaced? I should have at least 300,000 steps but it keeps going backwards! It is not the end of the world but pretty annoying nonetheless!

Best Answer

Exact same thing happened to me!  They would not even replace the refurbished, defective replacement.  Bought a new one and my step count is going backwards.  I feel for you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had over 100,000 steps this month and looks like every week, steps are taken away. I always see it on my dashboard. I am in competition with others and this is very discouraging.  Why are my steps taken away. It went fro. 100,000 to 82, 000?

Best Answer
0 Votes