Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps/Miles

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My goal is 10,000 steps a day which is 5 miles. When I reach my goal my miles count is not 5 miles, I have to take 13,000 to reach 5 miles in order for the bar to turn green. How can I fix the steps and miles count.

Best Answer
0 Votes
60 REPLIES 60

2000 STEPS = 1 ONE MILE BY GPS ALTA. THAT SIMPLE  GPS FITBIT MODELS  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have calculated my stride and it is still wrong. I walked 3.1 miles and my Fitbit said 2.7 help

Best Answer
0 Votes

Five miles

Best Answer
0 Votes
IT TRACKS U BY GPS. SO GO BY MILES AS AVERAGE STEPS SHOWN FOR ALL

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine doesn't, taking it back

Diana OrdySent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID
Best Answer
0 Votes

2000 Steps are a mile although now I hear it depends on the length of your steps. So Five Miles 

Best Answer
0 Votes

2,000 steps = 1 mile

Best Answer
0 Votes

Usually about 5 miles.

Best Answer
0 Votes

5.. about

Best Answer
5 miles. The Fitbit is off on the miles 2000 steps is 1 mile so 5 miles is 10,000 steps.
Best Answer
I found out it has to do with height and stride length. Since I am short, I
have to take more steps—@12,000.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by @BKmotivator, @RTConnection and @Sarah_M.

As Matthew mentioned, it depends on your stride length. 10,000 steps is approximately 4-5 miles.

To get more information on how to measure and input your own stride length check this article: How do I measure and adjust stride length for my Fitbit device?. This will help your tracker to determine distance more accurately.

Thanks for posting and I hope to see you chatting around enjoying the Forums. 

Have a nice weekend! Cat Happy

GraceG | French and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. ♥

Best Answer

Following...  I did 26,000+ steps and fitbit is giving me 5.76 miles as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just read on the internet in several different places that 2,000 steps is 1 mile!

Best Answer
0 Votes
You have to Measure your step length base it on that.  
Best Answer
0 Votes

A foot is 12 inches. No adult regardless of size has a 12 inch stride. Your answer makes no sense. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When I go walking my watch dose track how many steps I had walked. In the park

Best Answer
0 Votes
 I don't wear my Fitbit on my wrist because I found it to be too unreliable I wear it on one of my ankles with a sock covering it so if it comes unbuckled I won't lose it but it has never come unbuckled.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue. 10,000 steps would mark your 5 miles - not anymore. I have to walk 11,866 or 12,000 steps to get the 5 mile star on my fit-bit. Everything changed after the last upgrade, why?

Thanks,

Lisa

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Lisa:

I recently read that the Fitbit measures your steps by arm movement! Perhaps if this is true they discovered they had to change the number of steps if that is the case. Wish I could find where I read that but if you ask the question on your computer you may find what I did. Mary
Best Answer
0 Votes