Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracker won't sync for the first time

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I bought a Flex and it just arrived.  Got it hooked up to the docking station and charged it (all 5 lights flash).  Downloaded the app for my Android and started going through the setup process.  Get to the part where it wants to sync.  I tap the tracker twice and all five lights flash from left to right then back again. Then the first light stays lit then flashes twice then goes out.  And... that's it.  I have no idea what that means since I can't find any details on the site about that particular light pattern.  Bluetooth and Location are both enabled on my phone.  Tried syncing to my PC but that didn't work either.

So what gives?  What do I need to do to sync my Flex so I can start using it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Xandor thanks for the update! Our support Team is very helpful and I'm sure they will be able to provide you with the best possible resolution according to your Flex's warranty status. Cat Very Happy Keep me posted with the outcome, I'll be looking forward to your new comments!

Mariam | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

First thing I would do is scroll to the bottom of the page, you'll see a Help link, then click on the picture of you tracker. this will take you here
http://help.fitbit.com/?p=flex

on this page you will also see the manual
https://staticcs.fitbit.com/content/assets/help/manuals/manual_flex_en_US.pdf,

and an online, interactive help guide, work a link to the setup instructions.
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1873/?l=en_US&p=flex

Basically you do the setup, by following the prompts.

Noe that it is on, there should be nothing you need to do with the Flex to Sync, the app is on control.

For the light patterns we will go back to the help page and look here

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/What-do-the-light-patterns-mean-on-my-Flex/?l=en_...

Best Answer

@Xandor wrote:

So I bought a Flex and it just arrived.  Got it hooked up to the docking station and charged it (all 5 lights flash).  Downloaded the app for my Android and started going through the setup process.  Get to the part where it wants to sync.  I tap the tracker twice and all five lights flash from left to right then back again. Then the first light stays lit then flashes twice then goes out.  And... that's it.  I have no idea what that means since I can't find any details on the site about that particular light pattern.  Bluetooth and Location are both enabled on my phone.  Tried syncing to my PC but that didn't work either.

So what gives?  What do I need to do to sync my Flex so I can start using it?

As far as the lights go - after you tap it do all five light come on at once or do they flash left to right? Left to right is normal. The first light that flashes twice and then goes out is an indication that you have not reached the first stage of your goal. Each light represents 1/5 of whatever your step goal is. For example if your daily step goal is 10,000 then each light represents 2,000 steps. When you reach each stage the light will be solid and the next one will flash indicating that you are working toward the next stage. For example one solid light and one blinking light with a step goal of 10,000 indicates you have done between 2,000 and 3,999 steps. Two solid and one flashing - between 4,000 and 5,999 and so on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

To sync from your phone app you don't tap the tracker. When on the Dashboard on your phone app tap the little ((˖)) to the right of where it says Flex. You can also set the app to sync automatically by tapping where it says Flex and shows an image of your tracker by enabling All-Day Sync . You can also enable Always Connected, change your step goal, set silent alarms and force a sync from there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe I used the wrong wording.  I bought my Flex refurbished, so it's been owned by someone.  I'm not even at the point where it's paired with my phone or computer, so I have no goals set up.  I haven't gotten that far.  Right now, I'm stuck in the initial setup.  I go through the directions on my phone and then it gets to the point where it's searching for the tracker.  I've got Bluetooth turned on.  My app shows the picture of the dude double tapping his Flex and there are two lights lit up (2 and 4).  When it fails to find my tracker it says:

"Is your Flex powered on?

Make sure lights appear when you double tap your tracker.  If no lights appear, charge your Flex."

That's where I'm stuck.  I think that this tracker has been paired to another device that's outside of my control from its previous owner.  Either way, it won't pair.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem with my Fitbit Flex, which I purchased refurbished from Groupon. Went through all the troubleshooting steps and cannot get it to pair with my Macbook or Android phone. Did you also purchase from Groupon? I think we got scammed...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nah, I bought mine off of Woot.  I'm thinking it's a pairing issue.  It's been paired to another device and it just can't figure out that it needs to pair to mine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Xandor when you open the app, does it show a Flex connected to your account?

If so then it is connected to your account and the App should pair it.

Note: if this is your second Flex you might need to ignore the above info.

Did you go through the connecting of the Flex, and the app say that it found it?#

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, that's the problem I'm having.  The app shows no devices connected.  That's where I'm having trouble is the initial setup and getting it paired up with my phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Let's see if we can figure out what's going on

Have you restarted your phone and the Flex yet?

When trying to set it up, does the app find a Flex?

Do the respond?

Are you able to confirm on the App.

One question that should have been checked a while ago, is the phone compatable with Fitbit.

At what point does setup process fail?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Restarted my phone.  I'm not sure what you mean by restarting my Flex, but I popped it in its charger and reset it.  Went through setup, can't find the flex.

I checked and my phone (LG V10) isn't on that list of compatible devices.  Which may be my problem.

So I tried going through my Windows 10 computer.  I've got the dongle plugged in, my Flex tracker fully charged and it's not picking it up.  I go into Set Up a Device, follow the steps, but when it gets to the searching part, it just cycles through and tells me that it didn't pick anything up.

So... I'm still stuck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Xandor thanks for the update. If your device isn't there on that list that might be the reason why your tracker is not being found by the app. Now, let's review a couple of things. Since you have mentioned that you are trying to set up your tracker using your Windows 10 computer, please take note of the following:

1. You can definitely set up and sync your tracker on your Windows 10 PC using the same Fitbit app available for Windows mobile devices. To get the app, click the Start button and open the Windows Store (called Store). Search for “Fitbit app.” Note that if you’ve never downloaded an app from the store to your computer, you’ll be prompted to create an account.
  2. You can set up and sync wirelessly if your computer has Bluetooth. If your computer doesn't have Bluetooth or the Bluetooth signal is weak or problematic plug the wireless sync dongle that came with your tracker into a USB port on your computer.

Let me know how it goes! Cat Very Happy

Did you receive the answer you were looking for? Mark the post as an accepted solution! 🙂

Best Answer

I contacted support a while ago and they think that the tracker itself is defective, so I've sent it in for replacement.  Hopefully this will fix the issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Xandor thanks for the update! Our support Team is very helpful and I'm sure they will be able to provide you with the best possible resolution according to your Flex's warranty status. Cat Very Happy Keep me posted with the outcome, I'll be looking forward to your new comments!

Best Answer

Just got my tracker back and everything is working just fine.  Apparently both trackers I originally received were defective.  It's now syncing to my phone and computer, which is wonderful.  Thank you for all the help.

Best Answer

@Xandor those are fantastic news! I'm sorry you had to go through that experience with your trackers. I'm sure this one will work great for you. If you have further inquiries do let me know!

Best Answer

Same thing happened to me with a refurbished model from groupon!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just called Fitbit support and got the tracker swapped out. Worked fine
after that.
Best Answer

@Xandor reading that the tracker you got swapped worked fine after that. Keep up the super stepping!

@Colly Have you tried contacting our Support Team for a second opinion? I encourage you to do so and then post back with the outcome! Cat Tongue

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same problem. Haven't found anything helpful on this thread so far. 

Best Answer
0 Votes