Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking steps while horse back riding??

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am an avid equestrian and ride 5-6 days a weeks. Today was my first day of using my Fitbit Flex and when I rode it counted the steps my horse took!!

Anyone have a solution, short of removing it when I am riding??

Best Answer
0 Votes
29 REPLIES 29

Welcome to the Forums @Tanimarie@Ononnow and @ChevalBrun! The best place to make your voice heard is the Feature Request board. This forum is the ideal place for you to share your thoughts with the Fitbit Community and Fitbit product developers.

I was reviewing and found the idea: Tracking Exercise: Horseback Riding take a moment to vote and add your comments. The more votes it gets more opportunities it has to be noticed by our developers. 

Tag me if you have any questions! Woman Wink

Retired ModeratorAngela | Community Moderator

It is health that is real wealth and not pieces of silver and gold! Share your story!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I see that this conversation was a few years ago. I just got a Fitbit Charge 2 and still have the same issue with the horse's steps being counted as my own. Is there a way to manually subtract these?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please! Subtract steps during horseback riding. My horse just took 10K steps. I don’t want credit for that, but I love to track my pulse while riding.

Best Answer

Hi did this ever get resolved? Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
Do not know.
Still have the horse, but not the Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Nope. I just had a lesson this evening and it counted the horses steps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

This STILL isn’t fixed. I’ve tried the driving option but it’s still not deducting my steps either... it makes me rethink this whole Fitbit thing if they can’t even fix a simple issue as this, 5 years later. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I guess equestrians are too small of a demographic for them to be concerned
about. Sigh. Have a great ride!
Best Answer

This thread is ongoing for FIVE YEARS and still no solution?! Poor form, Fitbit! 

Best Answer

here in 2020 and this still hasn’t been resolved. Logging horseback riding as an activity will not substract the steps taken by the horse...

Best Answer