Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day Light Savings and Flex

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi all,

As of this morning, my state in Australia turned their clocks forward an hour for Daylight Savings.

In the app, my Flex is showing the current correct time- for example when there was a Sync last.

However, the alarms are not working. Every time I try to set a new alarm for today- it instead sets it for tomorrow and changes my selected time to an hour earlier.

This is somewhat of a minor problem, but I use the alarms for work...so it would be great if anyone knows how to fix it.

So far, I've changed time zones (it was on Sydney so I changed it to my correct zone of Melbourne) and selected Sync Now, d/c and re/c my Bluetooth and removed the Flex and the app and reinstalled both of these.

Thanks for your time,

Erin
Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13
My Blaze also changed to proper time automatically but the detail graph of calories and steps tracked shows time before daylight savings kicked in. Changed time zone manually and synced and restarted watch but doesn't change. Is this a software bug?
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your reply Takeis.

It seems like my issue with the alarms is now resolved- how though I don't know. I just tried setting an alarm about an hour ago for both today and tomorrow and both set correctly without changing on their own.

I actually uninstalled my app this morning but I'm not sure if that did anything.

Hopefully someone can help you.
Best Answer
Thanks Erin87. Tried deleting and reinstalling hoping it would work for me too but still the same. Glad yours resolved - maybe it will just resolve by itself when Fitbit realise there is an issue. Thanks for responding.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for posting, I was perplexed by the problem this morning.

I use my silent alarms to take medication at the same time every morning, this morning stuffed me right up with the daylight saving changes.

The same thing is happening for me, try to set an alarm and it sets back an hour. I will unistall and see if this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Takeis @georgieo79 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! What it needs to be done here is to make sure the time on the Fitbit app is correct. I recommend following this workaround about the time zone on iOS devices. After doing that, the time or any time issues should be corrected and you should be able to set up the alarms properly with no issue.

@Erin87 It's great to have you on the Community! I'm very glad to hear that you are back on track now. Thanks for sharing the workaround that fixed the issue you were experiencing.

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank our for your reply.
Best Answer

I went to hawaii so set my flex to GMT zone. While there my flex quit working (it was old) bought a new one yesterday but cannot get time zone back to CDT! I know where to do this and how to do this but am only being offered cities (all over the world) in GMT. Please help - really messes up my data.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JDebra Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I recommend selecting the time zone that best reflects the one you are in. I recommend trying these steps:

• Log in to the Fitbit app and tap the menu icon (three lines on the top left corner).
  • Tap "account" and then tap the menu icon again (3 dots on the top right corner) to tap on "settings".
  • Turn off the "automatic time zone" option and change it to a different time zone, then sync.
  • Turn on the "automatic time zone" option, make sure it is on the correct one and sync again.

This should work, but if for some reason it doesn't, these tips about travelling with your Fitbit tracker should also help. 

Let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

This did not work for me. Any other advice?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, but Nope -

It's currently Mon at 5:45 PM, my One still say's Tues at 5:45 PM.  All day sync is on, tried the 'changing time zones' From ahead 12 hrs (sync) to behind 12 hrs (sync) back to local  (sync) - no difference (other than the time in hours obviously) to network time

Sync 'a moment ago' (5:32), software Ver 6.64.  I'm still at a loss.

Best Answer
0 Votes

And OBTW, SantiFitbit - the date stamp on your post is 2 months before I was given the "One" (sounds kind of 'Matrix-y', "The One"), but I followed the advice anyway thinking you've been here before and copy & pasted a previous response 🙂

"‎SantiFitbit, 10-10-2016 14:59"

Next suggestion?

Thanks - Rat

Best Answer
0 Votes

great first try got it

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Iconic still has not changed ti Daylight Savings Time,. Ive synced several times

Best Answer
0 Votes