Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding my lost Flex

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there- I've lost my fitbit but it is still syncing to my phone. Does anyone have any tips on how to narrow down where it is? Thanks!

Moderator edit: clarified subject.

Best Answer
142 REPLIES 142

FOUND IT!

The LightBlue App did not pick up my Fitbit charge - it did pick up others at work today - but never picked up mine (not in the car and not even when I sat the Fitbit right next to the iphone)

However, on my iPhone two things kept leading me to the car:

(1) Settings/Bluetooth  - My Devices / Charge showed as "Not Connected" in the house, but in the car it showed as "Connected"

(2) Fitbit Dashboard (on iphone app) showed "Not Connected" in house "Connected" in car and would seem to sync while in the car.

I had already searched the car several times but - It was unbelieveable where I found it in the car.  The iphone settings and Fitbit dashboard were right - LightBlue App was not in this case.    

Posting in case others find the info. useful.  🙂  

Best Answer
Where was it?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Congratulation! Yes, takes careful look after fitbit takes u the the region!

Sent from my iPhone
Pls forgive typographical errors
Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh boy...just tried the Bluelight download on my iphone and found my Fitbit One out on the lawn! Just kept wandering in circles till the signal got stronger, and there it was -- wet from the sprinkler, but is working at the moment. Cool!

Best Answer
It's a great feeling when that happens! Now this week I've been traveling and this weekend did a ton of walking. Unfortunately I forgot to bring my Fitbit charger and my Fitbit ran out of charge...aargh...so many steps list. Going to order another charging cable to keep in my travel tech case.
Happy walking!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

That is great news @bsmiles1 @tjandjinx ! I am very glad to hear you are now back on track with your buddy Smiley Very Happy

PS: Have you checked our Discussion Boards? They are booming with new members who are sharing their Fitbit Experiences. Cat Happy

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

I lost my fitbit flex yesterday and had no idea where or when; I had worked inside for 3-4 hours, then outside for the afternoon. The strap split and tracker fell out, but I didn't notice until I tried to sync at the end of the day. The last sync was 8:22am. I downloaded Android app Bluetooth finder and decided it must be in the lawn since that's the only place I was seeing it listed, but couldn't get any closer than -93 db anywhere I walked. Gave up, but this morning I downloaded Bit Finder from the Play Store. It's easier because it has a scale from blue to red, with red being closer. Went outside and found it within 5 minutes! In the same area I had looked yesterday, but Bluetooth Finder didn't narrow the area down as well as Bit Finder did. Fitbit was almost dead; it's on the charger now and I'm a happy camper!

Best Answer
So glad you found it! It's a horrible moment when you realize it's gone.
I use Apple products so my blue tooth finder APP is called light blue and it works well for being free!
Happy Walking!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Try to retrace your steps of where you had it last. It normally is in a silly spot. Check somehwere where you may havent even beeen there. I found mine under my sisters bed!

Best Answer
Use app called light blue if you know your in the area. If it says your connected. The app reminds me of the game hot and cold. I found mine with it.
Best Answer
I agree that the bands are terrible and since Fitbit has heard this repeatedly they need to include a clasp guard with ever purchase- it's such a little thing I don't understand why they haven't addressed this. But I am a problem solver and found a viable work around because I would hate to give up on my Fitbit- so many positives outweigh the band issues. Amazon also sells a magnetic holder that's very handy- I clasp it inside my bra front, or at night on my nightgown strap to track sleep. Hope you'll give Fitbit another chance!
Best Answer

Yes, it's surprising how attached I've gotten to my fitbit! I can honestly say I am walking a lot more than I was before fitbit - it used to be so hard to get 10,000 steps in a day, but now it seems so easy!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My band problem wasn't the clasp - they always seem to split where the little viewer strip is - after taking the bit out to charge it over and over. My tracker actually fell out of the band where it had split without my realizing it. Anyone have any ideas on preventing that?...maybe duct tape every time I put it back in the strap?? : ) .....  I also have to say - this is the first place I look when I have any probs with my fitbit - thanks for all the great ideas and solutions. And if you can't find one here, Fitbit has great customer service.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Wow, never thought of having product failure there, glad for the heads up about that. I have many alternate bands that I change to match my outfits so maybe the unintentional random rotation has saved me. I also use a third party magnetic gadget purchased on Amazon that I clip onto the center area inside of my bra, with the tracker inside between the
" cleavage" ( sorry for TMI!) it never clashes with dressier outfits and if it were to loosen, it would still be inside my bra. Happy walking!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I have more straps, so maybe I'll start doing that, too - the magnetic attachment sounds like a great idea, too. Thanks for the tips!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the tip about downloading the bluetooth app.  I found my flex in my swimming bag.  I am a happy camper.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I lost mine too, in the Orlando airport.  It was never turned in to Lost & Found, which I didn't really expect it to be.  I really wish they would make a better design of the clasp!  Going  to take over use of my husbands as he does not use his much and will use some of the ideas I have seen on here to make sure it does not come undone and fall off.  Hope yours turns up!

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are now other bluetooth finder apps you can use to find any bluetooth devices in the Play Store.  There is also the Fitbit Geo app if you just want to find the lost fitbit.  I just installed mine but have to wait until I get to work to find it because that is where I lost it. Wish me luck!!  I wish you all the best in finding your lost fitbit devices!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why didn't I think of that!!!   I found it, Thank you for the great idea!

Julie 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I lost my fitbit, saw this post, uploaded LIGHTBLUE but continut to get this message: Connection Alert, The periperal disconnected while being interrogated. What the heck does that mean and how do I fix that?

@jojaz17 wrote:
I lost my FLEX and contacted customer service. I got the same form letter HELP suggestions..as last resort, as they suggested, I downloaded LIGHTBLUE To my iPad. I immediately got one blue bar. The hunt was on!
Success! The bars led me to the back seat of my car ( which I had checked) and there was my tracker! So happy!what a great app! Give it a try. You may get as lucky as I did.

Best Answer