Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100k in a day

ANSWERED

I was wondering if it was possible to walk 100,000 steps in a day. has anyone else done that? if so i was wondering how.  How long did you walk?  what did you do? please respond and if you have any tips i would love to know them. thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
32 REPLIES 32

Thanks! I wish Fitbit would post the number of people with Olympian Sandals. I bet a pretty small group of crazy folk.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Thisisgajanan

I agree .. walking 100,000 steps in a day isn’t important BUT in the Fitbit world it is the ultimate goal and something that some of us feel we want to challenge ourselves in achieving . Happy stepping 😃

Best Answer

RecoveryRunner: if that was directed at me, I am one of the crazy folk. Read other messages.

Best Answer

@Hleatherby

Congrats on your :hundred_points: k 🙋🏻

Best Answer
0 Votes

@runwalkmore

Sorry 😐.. my response was not directed to you . It was to the fellow who said 100 k steps was not important .

Best Answer
0 Votes

@runwalkmore

Oh and congrats on your :hundred_points: k as well 😃

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing your e perience in such detail. Very Helpful!

Best Answer

useful info!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@runwalkmore wrote:

Thanks! I wish Fitbit would post the number of people with Olympian Sandals. I bet a pretty small group of crazy folk.

I think it's pretty rare among casual Fitbit users.  I can think of a handful of my Fitbit friends that have achieved it.

I am friends with someone on Fitbit who is pretty famous in the walking community and she has achieved the 100K step badge 91 times.  She is a distance walker and pretty inspiring.  You should google Yolanda Holder, The Walking Diva.

For me personally, I'm still working up to it.  Most recently, I obtained the 45K (Snow Boots) badge and that was a lot of work.  I'm planning my 65K step badge next (Ruby Slippers).  Hoping to do it on Thanksgiving possibly.  It's going to take a lot of planning, starting early, and good weather but not too hot or too cold.  I need to be doing 20-30K consistently, but it's hard.  

I commend anyone who has the strength to do 100K in a day.  I hope to get there one of these days!

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

I can also say that 100k steps in a day is possible, but very difficult. I have competed in some 24-hour ultra races as a walker. There are many people that can cover over 100 miles in 24 hours, but I am not one of them. But last year, I did a race that started at 8am on Saturday morning. I had done a few thousand steps before the race to warm up and then walked continuously for the remainder of Saturday (except for a couple of 10-minute breaks). I hit the 100k mark a little after 11:30. Runners can get there faster if they have the stamina to go that long.

So yes, it is possible to do. But it sure is not easy.

Best Answer

Wow thank you so much for posting about Yolanda! I had not heard of her before now, and gosh what an inspiration!

Best Answer

@Hleatherby wrote:

Wow thank you so much for posting about Yolanda! I had not heard of her before now, and gosh what an inspiration!

She's amazing right?!  She's achieved so much and I love that she does it all WALKING!  I follow her on Instagram too!

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

I did 100k steps in one day: yesterday.  Possible, yes!  Advisable: not completely 😆. I have a couple of big blisters 😑.

I started at midnight, and walked straight though till 6am, averaging 6k steps an hr.  Later on, I was lucky to average 5k steps an hr.  After about 40k steps, the battle became “mental” rather than physical.  Take lots of short breaks.  I drank about 4 litres of water and ate lots of apples and oat energy bars.  After 60k any incline was quite a struggle, so choose somewhere dead flat.  Uneven or rocky footpaths slow you down a lot and are super-painful on knackered knees and blisters: choose smoothly paved surfaces.  Keep the mind interested: go somewhere with great scenery; it’ll distract you from the plod-plod-plod.  The last 10k steps felt like torture!  I finished at 6pm.  Am quite sore today, so make sure you have the day off after your challenge.   Good luck 😉 

Best Answer
0 Votes