Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30k steps in a day

ANSWERED

Age 19

Weight 97.9kg (down from 108.4kg last year)

Height: 5ft 9in

Took advantage of the nice weather we've had in England the past few days, and went on a nice long walk. I managed to hit just over 30k steps and Fitbit gives and estimated calorie burn on 5,865 calories. My Fitbit is the Charge 3, which tracks my heart rate throughout the day as well. 

I've weighed myself and found that my scales are showing the same weight as they had before yesterday. Obviously I understand that the 5,865 calories burnt is an estimate, but it can't be that far off? And how come my weight hasn't changed at all?

davidallan_0-1622703340698.png

David | https://trendweight.com/u/c411848e31a64d/ Charge 5 | Prev. Flex 1, Charge 2, Versa, Charge 5
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @davidallan and well done on the 30k steps! Weight varies because of many things - notably what you have eaten recently, fluid you have drunk and fluid you have retained, and bowel movements. So you rarely see a direct result of a calorie negative day the day following. You need to look at weekly trends rather than just one day. I know the temptation is there to say I used 3000 more calories than I ate so my weight should immediately show the difference, but unfortunately if often doesn't. Don't be despondent, just keep at it and watch the trends over time.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @davidallan and well done on the 30k steps! Weight varies because of many things - notably what you have eaten recently, fluid you have drunk and fluid you have retained, and bowel movements. So you rarely see a direct result of a calorie negative day the day following. You need to look at weekly trends rather than just one day. I know the temptation is there to say I used 3000 more calories than I ate so my weight should immediately show the difference, but unfortunately if often doesn't. Don't be despondent, just keep at it and watch the trends over time.

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Thanks @NellyG! You're right, weighed myself again today and the weights starting to come off. 

David | https://trendweight.com/u/c411848e31a64d/ Charge 5 | Prev. Flex 1, Charge 2, Versa, Charge 5
Best Answer
0 Votes

Congrats on 30,000 steps. That's my next goal. I just got the 25,000 steps badge on Wednesday. Actually walked a little over 26,000 steps. Yesterday I barely got 5000 because my knee was so sore.

Best Answer
0 Votes