Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice for getting started lowering heart rate

ANSWERED

Hello, I have a resting heart rate of 95 BPM, I am 24 and weigh probably ~150 pounds... I got a fitbit to try to track my heart rate so I'd know what heart rate I should have when I'm exercising to best lower my heart rate. I have a high resting heart rate from years of anxiety / PTSD and want to get it down.

What should I do to start doing this? What kind of exercises would you recommend and how often? What do you think my ideal "working out" cardio heart rate should be if I'm trying to get my overall heart rate down? Thank you for any help

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Try working out 2-3 times a week.  Running is always good.  Maybe even a fast paced walk.  Run on the treadmill or try the elliptical if you are going to a gym.  

Eat healthy.  More veggies and fruits in your diet.  Try cutting out any alcohol or soda.   

For reducing stress, I would try to find a calming activity or something you enjoy.  I enjoy reading and it helps me sleep better at night before I go to bed.  

Here is a good page from Fitbit on rest heart rate.  

https://blog.fitbit.com/what-your-resting-heart-rate-can-reveal-about-your-health/

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Try working out 2-3 times a week.  Running is always good.  Maybe even a fast paced walk.  Run on the treadmill or try the elliptical if you are going to a gym.  

Eat healthy.  More veggies and fruits in your diet.  Try cutting out any alcohol or soda.   

For reducing stress, I would try to find a calming activity or something you enjoy.  I enjoy reading and it helps me sleep better at night before I go to bed.  

Here is a good page from Fitbit on rest heart rate.  

https://blog.fitbit.com/what-your-resting-heart-rate-can-reveal-about-your-health/

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for this advice! I will definitely try it out. I already don't drink soda or alcohol so I'll do the other things and add more fruits and veggies to my diet. 

Best Answer
0 Votes