Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low resting heart rate

ANSWERED

Hello all you lovely fitbitters out there ❤️

Okay, so I've seen a couple of other topics on this subject, but since the two others that seemed to have been solved were written by males, I decided on writing as well.

I am a 24 year old college student, I'm 171 or 5'4 and I weigh around 69kg or 150lbs(ish). I do realize that I'm pretty active, I think I have a average calorie burn of 2300cal a day and I eat mainly healthy foods. But: here it comes, my resting heart rate lies between 46-50 bpm mostly its steadily lying at 47bpm? And as far as I've googled, the normal for people my age should be between 54-60 if they're athletes, which I really don't see myself as, and at the same time I struggle with loosing weight.. I'm not usually a worrier but should I perhaps see a doctor ??

sincerely,

Liva

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Lower resting heart rate is a good indication that you are in good shape. Lowering resting heart rate means your heart doesn't have to work as hard to complete all the necessary processes within your body.

FYI. My resting heart rate was sometimes in 50-60s. I'm trying bring my resting heart rate lower.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

You're a healthy weight, live an active lifestyle, eat healthily and have youth on your side. 

I do not find your resting heart rate at all surprising. 

A lower resting HR in an active, healthy individual is not usually a cause for concern. 

HOWEVER:

1. An Internet forum is not the place for serious health advice. Whilst there are many well meaning and well informed commentators, there are also well intentioned idiots and a minority with malign intent. Take all advice with a pinch of salt. 

2. If you're worried enough to ask, that's a good indication that it's worth dropping in to see your family doctor. Even if all they do is feel your pulse and give you some reassurance, that's more reliable than what you might get from strangers on the web!

Ultimate Goal: Mens sana in corpore sano
Best Answer

Lower resting heart rate is a good indication that you are in good shape. Lowering resting heart rate means your heart doesn't have to work as hard to complete all the necessary processes within your body.

FYI. My resting heart rate was sometimes in 50-60s. I'm trying bring my resting heart rate lower.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner

Everyone's RHR is slightly different, but on the face of your stats you should be happy. You're fit and healthy by the look of things.

Comparibly, my stats would be something similar 37y/o male, 180lb, sedentary type lifestyle because of job, 3x strenght workout and 2 x cardio per week. My RHR is usually 46bpm, but I've seen it dip to 39bpm. My diet would be fairly clean and I try to take approx 2ltr of water a day.

Hopefully these lifestyles equates to longevity 🤔

20170729_131155.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

I started to go to the gym 4/5 times a week three weeks ago and my heart rate has dropped from 68bmp resting to 59bmp - amazing! Just shows that even a few weeks of taking care of yourself can have a huge impact. When I first got my fitbit in January my resting heart rate was 78!

I personally wouldn't worry - The fitbit Help section says anything between 60-80 is average but is often lower for physically fit people such as yourself Woman Very Happy

However like @Dave001 says - Don't take medical advice from the internet if you are worried at all please see a GP who can give you proper medical advice. Heart

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am in a similar boat, not to the "see a doctor " stage but I am trying to figure out if my stats are common / normal/ average... 

I have been looking for something on the forum & this message is the best I can find. 

I was a Microsoft Band 2 user & the MS "dashboard" was able to compare you with all other users.

The best I have found on the Fitbit is the Heart rate cardo score.

Does anyone know of a forum page which has lots of data to compare , if not maybe we can start adding to this page.

I am 61old - male - 184cm - 100kgs -resting heart rate 50-ish but it sometimes gets down into the high 30s. when I sleep !

IMG_1126.PNGScreen Shot 2018-02-21 at 7.41.05 pm - Version 2.jpg

Best Answer