Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone here doing the Shred program?

I would love to join a group of people who are doing this program.  I'm on Day 6 and doing great so far.

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

what is the shread program?  

Best Answer
0 Votes

no i looked it up 

i dont have time for mumbo-jumbo....

read some diets myths on livestrong.com

real results = more calories burned than consumed.

cardio has helped me lose 20 pounds over the last year ...  i try to stay away from too much starch (carbs).  other than that, i eat without guilt.

BMI=22.8   bf% 14.1 to 15 depending on time of day..

track your pogress / you can't tell what works if you dont track it somewhere...

i also switched to diet coke about 1983... too much sugar is also not great (carbs)

good luck with your goals (also make your goals attainable) 

how do you eat an elephant? one bite at a time...

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not mumbo jumbo--it's real food and real exercise & recommended by a lot of doctors.  It's really easy to follow and helps folks that tend to plateau. Diet coke is not great for you, either.  I don't drink sodas at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HecateN - I've been looking at this program, it looks pretty easy to follow and like it allows plenty of healthy food, not just some "lose it fast, gain it back" type diet.  It seems like a lifestyle change.  Have you found this to be true?  How are you doing another couple weeks in?  I'm looking to lose about 15lbs and this seems like it would work but I don't know anyone who has tried it.  Just curious.....Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
hectre : you still havent pulled the trigger on a program? get off the pot!
the last post from me about this till now i've lost 5 +/- lbs .. just do
it (*&^%)
Best Answer
0 Votes

The Shred program is reviewed here: http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/the-shred-diet-a-minimally-kooky-way-to-lose-weight/

It's half obvious diet and exercise advice with some added useless mumbo-jumbo regarding liver detox, etc. The sad part is that they claim to be science-based and clearly are not.

It's like every other diet in the world. If following its non-scientific restrictions cause you to eat less calories than you consume you'll lose weight.

Personally I think long-term people do better on diets with real food not protein shakes. Liquids are known to not be as satiating as real food.

Best Answer

thank you.

i concur

Best Answer
0 Votes

no i looked it up 

i dont have time for mumbo-jumbo....

read some diets myths on livestrong.com

real results = more calories burned than consumed.

cardio has helped me lose 20 pounds over the last year ...  i try to stay away from too much starch (carbs).  other than that, i eat without guilt.

BMI=22.8   bf% 14.1 to 15 depending on time of day..

track your pogress / you can't tell what works if you dont track it somewhere...

i also switched to diet coke about 1983... too much sugar is also not great (carbs)

good luck with your goals (also make your goals attainable) 

how do you eat an elephant? one bite at a time...

Best Answer
0 Votes