Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best recommendations for workout programs (Apps, instragram accounts, online personal trainers?)?

Does anyone have a recommendation of where they go to grab a workout plan on days they're motivated to workout, but don't want to reinvent the wheel creating a plan? Or even how to get started with a virtual personal trainer to get some customized workouts?

I thought I was looking for something kind of easy since there's so much "workout program" content out there, but I'm having a lot of trouble finding content aligned to my goals. 

What I'm looking for:

• Circuit workout programs focused primarily on strength that get my heart rate up too 
  • Gym-based programs that incorporate a variety of weights and equipment 
  • Access to a variety of workouts that are updated somewhat regularly
  • In summary, some workouts to augment my overall fitness routine that includes running and lifting

What I'm not interested in:

• Instagram "trainers" that hardly ever post workouts/ post more sponsor content and vacation pics than actual workouts
  • Online fitness class videos or programs with crazy combo moves or reps that sacrifice form and quality
  • At home programs based primarily on body weight (i.e. Fitbit's workout app)
  • Programs/content that markets to superficial goals for women
  • Insta-fit or get fit quick content (i.e. 4 moves to flatten your belly, 7 minute total body workout, etc)

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi, @Amanda1210! I used Nike Training Club for a while (it was called Nike+ back then). Anything free is going to be somewhat limited, but it was nicely customizable and gave me a decent workout. I don't really use it anymore, since I just do my own programs now, but thought it was pretty good. It had a mix of body weight and limited equipment (free weights, medicine balls, etc) workouts, might be worth a shot.

MakMak | Community Council

If you find a response useful, please mark it as a solution to help others.

Check out the Lifestyle Forums for ways to get more active!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the recommendation! I don’t mind paying for something but the paid apps I’ve tried in the past didn’t have great UX

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes