Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bootcamp excerise question!

ANSWERED

hi, just started at a bootcamp which is brill but i find that half way through i'm exhausted and really struggle to keep up with the Burpees, Jumping Squats, Mountain Climbers etc.  What i wanted to know is, would i be better to go down a gear and walk the burpees out, miss the jump out of the squats and not "run" the legs in the montain climbers so i get more of them done or should i try and push out as many of the high intensity ones though i may do less and loose technique?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I remember doing bootcamp and feeling the same way you are. But it wasn't that the exercise was unreasonable, it was that I was so out of shape. And I felt like if I didn't push myself, I would never get in shape. There were times I was the last one to finish all the drills and I looked ridiculous, but I didn't care, I just kept going. It never got easy, but it wasn't always the worst either. Listen to your body. If nothing actually hurts, you are just feeling fatigue, talk yourself into three more and then one more after that of whatever it is you want to be done with. If things hurt-stop. No sense hurting yourself so you can't do anything, instead of stopping one thing.

Elena | Pennsylvania

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I'd dial down the intensity so you don't get injured. Also, don't feel too shy to take a break. It's important to pace yourself. You can't expect to be on the same pace as the people who have been taking the same class for years. If I go all out in a class, I tend to take two days off after that, or more. That's not really helpful in terms of the overall calorie burn either.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I remember doing bootcamp and feeling the same way you are. But it wasn't that the exercise was unreasonable, it was that I was so out of shape. And I felt like if I didn't push myself, I would never get in shape. There were times I was the last one to finish all the drills and I looked ridiculous, but I didn't care, I just kept going. It never got easy, but it wasn't always the worst either. Listen to your body. If nothing actually hurts, you are just feeling fatigue, talk yourself into three more and then one more after that of whatever it is you want to be done with. If things hurt-stop. No sense hurting yourself so you can't do anything, instead of stopping one thing.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

As long as your form doesn't break down, I would try and push through. Your conditioning will catch up quicker that way. I get mental/emotional "pain" sometimes from intense exercise, and just keep going. I believe a lot of physical conditioning is mind-training also.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

I wouldn't put off technique and form.  I would rather do less until little by little your body develop resistant.  Burpees aren't easy, at least for me, but constant practice has been my key factor. Good luck and keep up the work!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is where I am right now and the trainer said, do all of the exercises, but fewer reps - worry more about form than the number of reps.  As I get stronger, I'll be able to do more and by keeping form I will reduce injuries.I might be the last one to get off the ground or get on the ground, but if I am sweaty, I'm on the right track. 

Best Answer
0 Votes