Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

Just got my fit bit one. I do bjj and was just seeking anyones experiences. I know I can go in an manually label my activities, just looking for advice on getting the best results. The main concern is not damaging it, the next being that it measures some metrics. I bought a lanyard that I can wear under my rash guard with the one, hopefully this will mimic the bra placement as suggested by fitbit. My other option is to strap it to my bicep. Thought, tips, suggestions?thanks
Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

When I was in BJJ I hooked it to my underwear under my Gi.  I didn't measure as many steps as I thought it would for a class but some.  I never had an issue with it getting hurt or it hurting me when we rolled.

Best Answer

@Clintrician wrote:
Just got my fit bit one. I do bjj and was just seeking anyones experiences. I know I can go in an manually label my activities, just looking for advice on getting the best results. The main concern is not damaging it, the next being that it measures some metrics. I bought a lanyard that I can wear under my rash guard with the one, hopefully this will mimic the bra placement as suggested by fitbit. My other option is to strap it to my bicep. Thought, tips, suggestions?thanks

You are apparently attempting to use the tracker for an activity it is not designed to measure, therefore it will not work well - you not on can but should manually log an activity like this if you want to get the best results possible.

Good luck

Marking your question "solved" lets others know that they may find an answer to a question they have in this thread
Best Answer

I am thinking of getting the fitbit zip (as it looks like the smallest and most inconspicuous) and strapping it to my inside waist pant. 

Will it work properly If I use it like that? I

I do a lot of step competitions with my friends and I am slightly irked that my biggest physical activity is not logged. I also don't want to manually log it as I don't want them thinking I am padding my results.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I looked up how to calculate how many calories I burn during my class but I would also like to track how many steps I do. If anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it. 

http://timbrucejiujitsu.blogspot.com/2012/07/how-many-calories-do-we-burn-in-bjj.html?m=1 

Here's a link to the calorie part

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sashaKpp  What model Fitbit do you use?  That will help with suggestions to help you get the most from your tracker.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Charge 3

Best Answer
0 Votes