Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counting Calories In but Not Calories Out!!

Years ago I decided to not factor in exercise and just stick to my calorie goal. In other words, I don't award extra calories for exercise since the the calories burned for an exercise are considered way off the mark. I think of exercise as being minimal for weight loss but outstanding for overall health. 

Erring on the side of caution basically!!  Thoughts?  Treadmill.jpg

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

I dont count exercise calories For one thing it gives me way to much

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I think this is a great way to do it.  

Heather | Community Council | Eastern Shore, AL
Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.
Best Answer

Now If I can just get my Charge to quit counting my Rocking in the LazyBoy as steps and get myself to spend less time in it!!

LazyBoy.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

With calories earned, those are probably meant for people maintaining or gaining. If you're losing, you need to stick to a set calorie plan, unless you go overboard on the the calories burned.

Best Answer

Not counting the exercise into the equation gives me a hedge against all of the little things I don't record like mustard, mayo, etc!!  

Best Answer

I believe you are correct.  My wife needed to lose weight and wanted a Fitbit and I got her one.  Well she decided I needed a Fitbit also even though I didn't need to lose weight, ( I think she wanted the competition). Well we started cooking more healthy and not having junk in the house.  Don't tell her but I lost 9 pounds!  Well I am trying hard to maintain my weight and even recapture a few pounds.  So i track calories in and out. I ALWAYS take in more calories than I burn (and I am naturally active) and it is very hard to maintain or even add a pound or two.  So what I am saying is you are spot on because there seems to be a lot more to it that just calories in and out. BTW she is beginning to see weight loss.

Best Answer
0 Votes

mredandchris   Great Story!! I've always believed that exercise is more of a benefit to weight loss on some sort of hormonal level rather than just as a calorie burner (Which its terrible at). If you list all of the benefits of working out, weight loss would be on the bottom. Its scores big with every other health factor, however!!    -Kevin

Best Answer
0 Votes