Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COVID-19 Workouts

Hey all! Hope everyone is staying safe in this weird time we're all in. What's everyone doing to still stay active since most gyms and other places to workout are closing?

Zachary Shopene, E.I.T/Highway Design Engineer/Pittsburgh, PA
Best Answer
38 REPLIES 38

Here's a workout routine that I've started since all gyms have been closed in Pittsburgh. If anyone has any ideas of things to change/add, I'm always up for new information to help stay in shape!

Repeat 2-3 times

20 Body Squats

10 Russian Twists (with medicine ball)

10 Pushups

25 Crunches

10 Walking Lunges

10 V/Raised Leg Holds

30 Jumping Jacks

30 Second Plank

10 Each – Medicine Ball Shoulder Press

50 Jump Rope

10 Glute Bridge/20 Mountain Climbers

10 Each – Resistance Bands (Lateral Band Walk/Leg Extensions/Banded Step Out/Clamshells)

0.25 Miles

10 Burpees

Zachary Shopene, E.I.T/Highway Design Engineer/Pittsburgh, PA
Best Answer

Hey @zshopes28,

That's a really good routine. Check out this one  and this other one from Alan Thrall.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Planet fitness is also offering 20 minute workout routines that anyone can access member or not through their app. As for me, strength training is for sure taking a hit this week and next, but I am still running, walking, sleeping and practicing good nutrition.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Glad you posted Alan Thrall's "gym closed" video @WavyDavey.  That popped up on my feed on YouTube and cracked me up.  Now, if only there was some room to workout in my garage ....

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

I guess I'm lucky. I have a space area in the family room for my routine. Has Weights several sizes. Kettlebell. Bands many styles of them, step. Many DVD's Weight chair even. My gym is at home. My weights are under a Side table. Even if you dont see them this area is clearly my gym area

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Since all the climbing gyms in the area closed I made a makeshift climbing wall in my backyard. Temporarily, will do. I resumed Freeletics training just to stay in shape (can do it anywhere, in my backyard or as a part trail run outdoor). Since I started to work from home, I have a lot more time. I returned to running choosing evenings and night time and areas with no people. More trail running and cycling. For now, it must be enough. I'm trying to use more outdoors, visit places which are forgotten by people.

Best Answer

I took up running within the last two weeks, since my gym will be closed for a while. Also, I'm going to try some other things to change up my routine as well. Like LesMills On Demand type of classes and other workouts via youtube/internet. My bike might actually get used for the first time ever in a few years. (:

Best Answer

If anyone is looking for yoga workouts,Y7 (yoga studio) is doing some full classes on Instagram.  

Best Answer

I use Les Mills On Demand online workouts. I've made my guest room my home gym, and even though most of the classes require minimal to no equipment, I've got some of the basics like workout step, weight bar and weights that are needed for BodyPump  (weight training class); but some of my favorite classes like BodyCombat 🥊🥊(mixed martial arts class) don't require any equipment at all. Also I do take breaks to walk as well since working from home during the COVID-19.

Best Answer

I've felt so unmotivated to exercise lately since I'm just stuck at home. I'm a swing dancer and I usually go dancing at least once or twice per week. I also have a gym membership that I unfortunately had to freeze due to COVID-19. But yesterday I watched a 20-minute workout video on YouTube and it made me work up a sweat in my living room! I also have a stationary bike that I'm trying to get use out of. I get motivated to use it when I listen to some good upbeat workout music that puts me in an active mindset. 

Best Answer

Yoga With Adriene on You Tube also is excellent.

Best Answer

I'm doing the 'Own Your Goals' program with Davina, it's free for 30 days atm due to the current situation. Some good recipes as well as home workouts, meditation and wellbeing articles. 

Best Answer

Greg Nuckols wrote a great article today with tons of exercises to prevent strength loss while gyms are closed.

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/no-gym/

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

Yes I hike on weekends away from where most people go, Run in my Neighborhood at lunch since I am working at home now. Can't do to much other then that I just ordered a few things to help me work out at home.

Best Answer

Reorganize your garage. That's a workout right there.

Best Answer

What type of Swing Dancing do you do? I am a former UCWDC Competitive dancer.

I do East coast swing, Waltz, Cha-cha and Two-Step.

I am working out at home. but since I have to work at home as well. I break up my day to work out.

Best Answer

I made up small gym in my backyard that will help me in for some time.

Best Answer

It was hard punch for me. My gym got closed after I bought sertificate. Now I try to do fitness in morning inside my apartment.

Best Answer

https://www.fitbit.com/2020/04/01

my stats from yesterday

Best Answer
0 Votes