Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 and rollerblading

hey everyone, I got a charge 3 Fitbit back in January, and I recently decided I was going to start rollerblading I was curious to know if any of you do this, and how does your Fitbit track your progress?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Progress in any workout is improvements to either HR lowering with same effort, or with similar HR your speed increases.

Start a workout and you got the HR part covered - call it whatever you want, and change the text description later to include the distance or speed perhaps.

You can add notes to an Activity Record, but then it would not be as easy to quickly scan through Exercise Diary and see progress between them.

You'd have to either use GPS or manually map the route to get a distance, and from that and time get your avg speed.

While even that may not be perfect, at a glance you can see time, avg speed, and HR. Can get an idea if improving in the workout.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can the charge 3 connect to your phones gps? Curious, what I just figured out today was to use the "workout" setting. Then later after the skate session change it to inline skating. I am sad though, because "workout" does not activate the GPS. I was thinking about using the walk function but then you can not edit it and change it to inline skating. Really wish their was a way to do it and use gps. If you find a way, let me know! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Ionic and I use the running exercise. aI tracks the exercise and GPS maps your route. The stride used to calculate distance is way off. Glad the map has the distance and I care more about the calories burned. Rollerblading at the Bean in Chi-town this Wednesday. Can't wait to socially-distance with a group of skaters. 

Best Answer
0 Votes