Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cleaning a Fitbit

ANSWERED
My Fitbit is starting to smell :(. What are some tips and tricks on cleaning your Fitbit. I'm too nervous to put it under running water in my sink. What do you do to clean you Fitbit?

If it helps in anyway, I have the Charge hr.

Thank you all!
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Croc_Rocks I clean both my Flex and ChargeHR with alcohol swab pads. Sometimes I'll spray rubbing alcohol on a soft cloth (like the ones used to clean a computer monitor or eye glasses) and wipe the devices that way.

I've done this for over two years and it works great.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 9

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

@Croc_Rocks

Have you tried the care instructions provided with your Charge HR? You should not put it under water, use mild soap on a damp wash cloth to wipe it down and then a damp wash cloth to rinse it/wipe the soap off.

Best Answer

@Croc_Rocks I clean both my Flex and ChargeHR with alcohol swab pads. Sometimes I'll spray rubbing alcohol on a soft cloth (like the ones used to clean a computer monitor or eye glasses) and wipe the devices that way.

I've done this for over two years and it works great.

Best Answer
Alcohol swabs are an amazing idea! I found that there weren't very good instructions on the care thing. I'm going to get some of those next time I go to the supermarket! Thanks!
Best Answer

Can you even clean the "plug" / "charging" portion of the Fitbit with the rubbing alcohol? I'm afraid to put liquids near that part.

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello and welcome to the forums @buddefly

Which Fitbit do you have?

I use rubbing alcohol to clean just about everything electronic since a computer tech told me that is what he used. It dries quickly and often is the only way to clean something.

When my batteries corrode, rubbing alcohol and a toothpick will save the flashlight. I figure it also works for my Fitbit pieces.

Best Answer

So far I've used Cetaphil on a damp paper towel and wiped it dry. Seemed like it was relatively easy on the device. I cleaned my GPS watch the same way (which I've never washed in the ~3 years I've owned it until I read the instructions for the Fitbit Charge HR Smiley Surprised

Best Answer

@odyssey13  Your computer tech gave you good advice.  Alcohol is often used directly on circuit boards to remove soldering rosin residue.

Regards,

Gary

Gary, Canada,
Charge HR, Charge 2
Best Answer

@garybartlett good techs always share their tips.

Another thing rubbing alcohol can do - it can make a wasp gasp long enough to run or stomp on it. I keep it in a spray bottle.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello my fitbit friends i just clean my fitbit Charge HR in the plum I clean it with the eyeglass wips and I use Sarna Lotion for my arm.. The Sarna Lotion don't break out in a rash or itchy too...

I hope Sarna is good

and thanks of reading my post

#fitbit fan melissa

Missy M. as@ nkotblove
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the Inspire HR, and am trying to figure out what to clean the band with.  I know to clean the contacts, etc. with alcohol, but what to clean the band with?  The instructions that came with it said to use a non-soap cleaner, but I have no idea what kind of product that would be.  I have sensitive skin and am starting to break out under it, so I want to be able to keep it as clean as possible.  I already switch off arms and use cortisone cream, but I think keeping it clean will be the best thing.  Can you give some examples of non-soap cleaners?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello and welcome to the forums @Pseudonurse 

Cetaphil is mentioned in the Product Care article - click to read

I experienced a problem with the band when I failed to clean and dry it. When I keep my band and my wrist dry, there is no rash. Might be, with your sensitive skin, you'll need to be more careful, too.

While you're here, take a look around the Lifestyle Discussion forum area. You can join in the various discussions, share recipes or get some tips on healthy living. It's a great forum.

Hope to see you around more often.

Best Answer
0 Votes