Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conspiracy Theories Abound

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It's time to set the record straight.  Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is not caused by wearing a Fitbit.  It has many causes, repetitive motion at the wrist, Hypothyroidism, obesity, RA, diabetes, poor posture of the neck and shoulders can exert pressure on the Brachial Plexus that can cause swelling of the Median nerve.  Wrist pain can have many causes, repetitive stress, arthritis, CTS, sprains.  Ganglion Cysts can occur for no known reason and can disappear for no known reason.  Elbow pain is caused by repetitive stress of either wrist Extensors or Flexors.  Two blinking green lights is not the cause, Blue Tooth technology is not the cause. I can remember in the 1950's when Fluoride was introduced into our water and tooth paste was a Communist conspiracy or it would cause cancer.  Talking on a cell phone would cause brain tumors.  When will all this stop?  People take responsibility for your own actions and stop looking for scapegoats.  If you don't like your Fitbit, send it back, don't blame it for some physical problem.  If you want to sue Fitbit for some mysterious physical problem good luck!  Please stop blaming something you bought and wear on your wrist for every physical problem under the sun.  All physical problems mentioned have a logical reason, Google them, you might learn something.

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

No I'm not clairvoyant, but in order to become a Physical Therapist I studied Anatomy, Physiology, Kinesiology, Neurology and along with 38 years of clinical experience I am better able to explain the causes of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Wrist Pain, Medial and Lateral Epicondylitis, than any one claiming that a smart watch is the culprit of these ailments.  Carpal Tunnel does not appear one day and disappear as soon as the watch is removed.  Without a positive Nerve Conduction Velocity test one can not claim to have CTS unless they are Clairvoyant!  I have seen no reliable Medical Research linking the wearing of a smart watch to CTS or any other ailment except skin irritation from the wrist band.  Lets debunk your conspiracy theory I am not sponsored by, an employee of, or receive remuneration from Fitbit!

Best Answer

..."does not appear one day and disappear as soon as the watch is removed."   

EXACTLY!!!

Best Answer

Yes, exactly same here.

I suspect the EDA (electro dermal activity) sensor is the culprit..

Best Answer
0 Votes

troxx.xx You are entitled to your fantasies but not your on truths!  For the past two years I have tried to use my education (Anatomy, Physiology Kinesiology Neurology )along with my 38 years of clinical experience to give Scientific and Medical explanations to your and others fantasy theories to account for physical ailments attributed to wearing a FitBit to no avail.  I give up!  I will state on more time,  YOU ARE ENTITLED TO YOUR FANTASIES BUT NOT YOUR TRUTHS!!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Corney, relax.

First: Please don't shout.

Second: Your claims to 38 years of clinical expertise stem from a time when Fitbit did not even exist. So you have litterally and factually no clinical experience at at all with Fitbit and Fitbit-related health issues. So, please, stop pretending you have.

Third: I might as easily call your 38 years of experience in "anatomy, physiology, kinesiology and neurology" a mere fantasy – to which you are absolutely and entirely entitled.

From medical literature it is clear that electric stimulation can be used to treat CTS – so it is scientifically obvious to hypothesize that applying electricity to the wrist could equally cause irritation and eventually CTS. So, as an experienced clinician, what's your take on this hypothesis?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for your participation in this thread. If you're experiencing any discomfort while wearing your Fitbit device, it’s very important to review our product & safety information and follow our wear and care tips. You can always visit a doctor or health care provider so you can receive further recommendations about how to use your Fitbit device.

To keep threads on topic or tailed to a specific topic, I'm going to close this thread from further comments. If you have another question, you can start a new thread in the Help Forums so you can receive help from the Community.

Have a good one!

Best Answer