Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elevated Resting Heart Rate

My resting heart rate averages between 56 and 58 bpm. In the last couple weeks, my averages have risen to 66-68bpm. Anyone ever experienced that? The only difference I've noticed is that my allergies have gotten worse with the season changing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@Nansterz1, a lot of things will cause a temporary increase in the Resting Heart Rate, including sinus infection/cold/flu, drinking alcohol, inadequate sleep, decrease in physical activity, etc..  Watch the trend to see if it starts returning to the normal range.

Best Answer

I experience it when my anxiety acts up (like today).

Karolien | The Netherlands

Best Answer

I've just noticed exactly the same thing. My resting heart rate is generally in the high 50's (around 52 when sleeping). This past week it's up about 10 bpm. I also noticed my heart rate during workouts is generally around 130 for 9 minute miles, but this week it was at least 140.  We have a new baby in the family and he's just started daycare and is sick. Wife is sick and allergies are also kicking in for the fall.  I'm also hoping this is temporary to due "illness", except that I have very minor symptoms.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been using the RHR and my average sleep HR for the last year and I have found it's definitely a precursor to all of the ailments posted below.  I'm pre-hypertension.. Genetically.

Why have I done this ?... A year ago, next week, my GP was on leave and another GP in the clinic was concerned about my BP and changed my simple medication to a Calcium Blocker.. Wow.... I had trouble walking, muscles were locking up and bad headaches.  I never get headaches.. So I used the Ionic to record the effect.

It was the last 2 months of Spring in Australia so I could faithfully discount environmental changes.

It took 2 months to settle down after my GP took me off it after 2 weeks..... My findings agree with many others who have posted in various sites around the world and have had a reaction to the brand of Calcium Blocker.  It's banned in many countries and only used by veterinaries.

Here is the 2 month period...

RHR Calcium Blocker.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer