Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elliptical or Treadmill?

Which is more calorie-burning?

Ben

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Whichever one you can do longer and harder and not hurt your knees so bad you can't do something the next day.

Calorie burn is all about intensity - pace or speed.

You didn't provide enough info to answer your question really.

Is your HR the same on each thing?

Then the same calorie burn.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the next searcher of answers, mark a reply as Solved if it was, or a thumbs up if it was a good idea too.
Best Answer

Welcome to the Community forums, @bengerv

I think it depends, I used to feel the Elliptical helped me burn more calories, but things reversed when I increased the speed and incline on the treadmill. 😅

It's probably all about the intensity of the workout. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bengerv neither elliptical nor treadmill burn any calories. You do and only the intensity of your workout matters. Both machines provide a cardio activity and have number of settings to modify intensity. You may burn a lot or nothing on both - it's up to you how you use it. I prefer elliptical but only because running on treadmill feels "artificial" and badly impacts my knees and feet (for me, it's not real running). I can burn roughly same number of calories on both matching the intensity but elliptical seems to be "healthier" for me.

Best Answer

The one that you will burn more calories on is the one you use regularly.  Spend some time on each and see which one you would rather do.  One thing about the elliptical is there is not the impact of the treadmill, so if you have knee joint issues it will be easier on your body.   

Best Answer

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with this, @t.parker @BASILCHIVES😁 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes