Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ever Gonna Get A Waterproof Fitbit?

Anyone else here enjoy working out and sweating, but also swimming or going to the beach and not losing your steps because you've got to protect your Fitbit from getting wet?

I do and I've been waiting for years since getting my first Fitbit to see if they would ever roll one out that was waterproof, or even just durable enough for swimming. Because we all know that work outs in the gym, or outside in nice weather aren't the only kinds, people run in the rain, swim, and sometimes get extra sweaty. I've seen two Fitbits ruined by someone just sweating on them too much even.

Anyone else out there wishing they would release a truly waterproof one?

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

@USAF-Larry wrote:

You don't say how long you've had your HR, @SunsetRunner, but almost all of my exercising is outdoors and I have not had any problems with the display on my HR. I tend to sweat heavily, and I am occasionally caught in a rain shower, but it has not affected the HR at all. The Blaze is too big for me, I like the narrow band of the HR, and it has served me well.

I got it in late January.  It's possible moisture and salt caused the corrosion.  Fortunately a replacement is on the way.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

fitbit.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes
I agree. I haven't chipped mine as of yet, but I did notice that while I
was backpacking, the screen had a "rainbow" effect to it - and that was
before it started raining. I can only assume that it was caused by body
sweat and humidity. Fortunately, it has cleared up and the fitbit doesn't
seem to have suffered from it's rainy day hike.
Best Answer
0 Votes

It would seem the makers of Fitbit are not interested in improvements...profits are good though, only not from repeat customers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes