Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercising without equipment at home

ANSWERED

I am a 64 year old man who is obese, and about a month ago I decided to do something about it. I have cut back on alcohol and calories, and I go to the gym every day. And it's working! I have already lost eight pounds. I couldn't do it, though, without the motivation my Aria scales and my Charge HR gives me.

Although the gym is obviously fantastic, I would like to get some exercise at home. I have no equipment. I have looked at the web, but everything I have seen either assumes you are fairly fit already (I'm obviously getter fitter, but I still have a long way to go), know what the names of the exercises mean, or understand American jargon ("do it like Lil John").

Can anyone point me to a site that speaks UK English and is for beginners - both in knowledge and fitness levels.

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

@NoMoreFat I was not aware of the muscle lose after 30, that's definitely very useful information to know! Thank you for sharing. 

Welcome to the Community, hope to see you around often!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Probably not an ideal thing for yourself but you might find it entertaining is a website called Blogaloties.com. 

99% of her workout dont use any equipment except a mat which you can sub other items in for. They range from easy to hard. 

I always had a hard time with the seven minute work outs and other similar tools because I couldnt do half the workouts. Blogaloties has some very simple excersies but man do you feel the burn and the videos range from 5min - 20min.

Best Answer

@Jenz10 awesome. I will make sure to check the site out. It definitely sounds interesting! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you're looking for good cardio/body weight exercizes to do at home, the youtube channel FitnessBlender has a bunch of great ones.  They're easy to follow moves, and multiple levels so you can find one that will make you work.

Best Answer

What does having a cat have to do with liter jugs?

A lot of various items come in liter and 2ltr jugs.... not to be picky, but if you have a water bottle... you should be able to find a liter bottle with handle... 2 for 1 deal in my opinion.... lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use water too, since it's easily available @greywolf21. I was able to find some of  2 liters and more. 😁

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes