Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 2 - Kilometres per hour?

ANSWERED

Can Fitbit Charge 2 measure kilometers per hour when used by walking? If yes, how?

Can it also measure kilometers in a track  - with a start and stop function? How?

Thanks in advance!

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @SunsetRunner and welcome to the Help forums.  Your Charge 2 displays pace, not speed.  Walking at 5 kph is pretty leisurely.  Your Charge 2 will show a pace of 12' 00".  It is saying you take 12 minutes to walk one km.

You can use the multi-sport mode (exercise app) on your Charge 2 using connected GPS to measure distance.  Check out this help article for details: How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device?   Or you can be old school.  One lap on a track in Lane 1 is 400 m.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @SunsetRunner and welcome to the Help forums.  Your Charge 2 displays pace, not speed.  Walking at 5 kph is pretty leisurely.  Your Charge 2 will show a pace of 12' 00".  It is saying you take 12 minutes to walk one km.

You can use the multi-sport mode (exercise app) on your Charge 2 using connected GPS to measure distance.  Check out this help article for details: How do I track my workouts with my Fitbit device?   Or you can be old school.  One lap on a track in Lane 1 is 400 m.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LZeeW 

Thank you, for your kind answer!

I´m realizing, for my Power Walk, I will be better off using an App on my iPhone (showing speed at any time).

I will use my Fitbit for other activities.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner Welcome to our Fitbit Community. My friend @LZeeW is totally correct. I'm afraid that the Charge 2 doesn't have the option to track speed.

I'd like you to check out the comment by LizFitbit in this Feature Suggestion, which explains more information about this feature.

See you guys around.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer